Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Premium Sound - Easy Improvements by reverse wiring the subs

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
You have to open the locking mechanism that holds all the pins in, then slide something like a safety pin down beside the pin you want to pull out as it has a little catch there that also needs to be released for each individual pin you want to remove. When swapping them over and reinserting the pins, make sure you feel a positive little 'click' to ensure it has engaged the catch again so as not to fall out later.

I just did the soldered version, took less than 5 minutes to simply swap the wires around. The sound, OMG! sooo much better, music actually has some depth to it now! I still have the centre speaker connected FWIW.

As far as EQ settings, I just set the preset to 'rock', f'ing around with the bass treble is a waste of time, I don't know why they didn't put a full EQ option in it, it would have been so easy for them to do during design, but we all know the entire audio / iQ system is lacking in many ways that could have been easily implemented during its design.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
As far as EQ settings, I just set the preset to 'rock', f'ing around with the bass treble is a waste of time, I don't know why they didn't put a full EQ option in it, it would have been so easy for them to do during design, but we all know the entire audio / iQ system is lacking in many ways that could have been easily implemented during its design.

This should be possible with a 'Firmware' update. I'd luv the media player to be able to play .flac files.........

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Yeah it should be possible, as would adding a whole heap of other features that it should have come out with as standard, but the sad fact is with the VF on the way, the poor old VE won't be getting a look in for updates to its software.

I'd go as far as saying that if they dont have a state of the art media centre as the next step from the iQ in the VF, with all the features that the current iQ lacks but has no excuse for not having, the design team should drop their resume in at Maccas. I mean how embarrassing is it going to be for Holden when their 2013 car will not pair bluetooth for hands free with a 2011+ phone.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Just an update on this, after a couple of days with this done, I need hearing aids, the sound is so much better it is hard to believe that it is the same system. Anyone who has a stock system should try this for themselves.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
anyone happened to have tried this in a ssv ute? i have no idea where the factory amp is or if reversing the sub would do anything

bradando

2lts? = Milk and Juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Manual
Hey thats awesome mate - fitting a rip shifter at the :blah blah:momement to my VE SSV so ill quickly jump in the boot and nail this now... onya for sharing dude

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
I'm really struggling to get the pins out of the connector, perhaps the connector got changed in the S2's?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Just did this. Awesome!!!