Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE press drive day 2 pics (gm media)

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah have seen them in the flesh as well but they were in disguise about 3 months ago. You will have to see it in the flesh before you make full judgement, At the moment having not seen the car in real life you have nothing in your mind to connect the photos to. Dealers would be getting their first demonstrator models soon if not already.

Those viva's still look like the little daewoo hatch bomb that its based on, For the price they sell them for I can't see them having put much engineering work into the car to improve it.

I think the VE looks more like the older model astra in a few ways. But with the big pumped guards it looks like the DTM astra touring car.

nemo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
daveb8 said:
good pics thanks ucwepn

does anyone else think the ve is too cute? its the omega in particular that annoys me. it looks a way too much like a girl's car. at this point in time i think the vz looks much tougher, although i still havent actually seen a ve

i have read quite a bit about the ve and all the changes are awesome, but the look is a bit on the crap side.....just have a look at this pic - it looks like those retarded vivas

I agree it looks totally disgusting from the front, and the rest of it is fairly average.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Which ones? lol

Mate the law is the law... SIMPLE! People shouldn't endlessly bad mouth cops for enforcing it.

For instance tonight at work, a guy in a VK 308, locked diff, pulls out of our driveway and does an awesome double legger all the way to the intersection with the white smoke billowing... Looked fantastic! Cops were accross the road in the McDonalds car park and chased him, came back later to measure the lines. BAM! Confiscated car (it's the law in the ACT). Do the crime, do the time... Stupid moron! PRIVATE ROADS, RACE TRACKS!!! Have fun in a safe environment...

And... You've NEVER done a burnout!?
I almost claim my left testicle you have. Stop flaming others.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
tr3nt said:
And... You've NEVER done a burnout!?
I almost claim my left testicle you have. Stop flaming others.
You might need that one day give the other off:p

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
WinterVX said:
I have to agree, I dont particularly like the Omega model, looks like an over sized Astra Sedan
Not in person it doesn't trust me have a look at it and see;).
daveb8 said:
i have read quite a bit about the ve and all the changes are awesome, but the look is a bit on the crap side.....just have a look at this pic - it looks like those retarded vivas
You need to see the car in person it's no disappointment it's very classy for a base model, Years gone by you needed to ad so much to make a base look good when you got it home and wanted to hot it up.
Now Wheels lower it sports system done, them guards make the car something much better over all previous base models.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
SlickHolden said:
You might need that one day give the other off:p

No. I'm almost willing to donate both Testicles, I want SOME manhood though.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
My local Holden dealer called me this morning to advise me that I can come and test drive a Black VE Calais V. Im moving house this weekend so I might have to wait till next weekend. However I might try and pop in during the week and see them.