Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE press drive day 2 pics (gm media)

D

danny10

Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
That's rubbish! This is the jumping off point for the new VE new car sales... There will be many more VE Omega V's made than just 500!!!
I'm only going by what I've read and what the local Holden dealer has told me. I hope they build a shitload more as I want one, and I can see them being sold out in the first week if only 500 are being made.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I read about the V series in the Advertiser and you would have thought it would have said the 'Limited edition' V series but it didnt. I dont understand why they would make such a small number of them because they would sell like hotcakes IMO

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Commodore V would be nice just above the Omega:)

D

danny10

drewins said:
I read about the V series in the Advertiser and you would have thought it would have said the 'Limited edition' V series but it didnt. I dont understand why they would make such a small number of them because they would sell like hotcakes IMO
I must correct my earlier post, I thought the dealer said 500 total, but she has since corrected me and said she meant 500 for qld.
Have now test driven the Omega and the SV6 and found them great. Will still be buying an Omega V when they release them in October. I've seen a black and white pic of how they will look, it didn't show the mags real well but they appeared to look similar to the Calais mags but with more spokes. Maybe once they release the pics officially we might get to see them a little better.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I was actually fortunate enough to drive the SSV VE.. which correct me if worng, but is the SS version of the VE. I took it for a spin to one round about, u-turn to another, u-turn again to the dealership.

Very powerful machine compared to the VR lol! but I doubt I could see myself owning one.

I'd rather make my car boosted :D

D

danny10

drewins said:
Having gone past the local dealership two days ago, I now have got another update from the sales rep, apparently 5000 Omega V's will be made and she said around 14 or so per dealer. Much better numbers than I was first told a few weeks ago. One person says out in September some time and another October. You never know what to believe, the sooner the better though.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
392RWkwSS said:
im dying to know. the V6's has their soundtrack changed? or do they still sound like vacuum cleaners?
Was at a dealer in sunshine the other day test driving a SSV,and said have the fixed in the alloytec engines noises,he said pretty much refined it by fiting new harmonic balancer and cam chain chains all fixed up.

D

danny10

Finally some pics of the Omega V. Not sure on the Mags??, but at least you can change them for some other VE mags, albeit at extra cost I'm sure.

Attachments

• VE_OmegaV_RR.jpg
    VE_OmegaV_RR.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 194
  • VE_OmegaV_FR.jpg
    VE_OmegaV_FR.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 201

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Get rid of the spolier though. They just make it look.... I dunno messy or something.