Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE press drive day 2 pics (gm media)

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
VE press drive day 2 pics (gm media) **EDIT- UPDATED**

Ok I am throttled with my adsl at the moment so here are the first 10. They basically show the VE going through its paces.

Will add the rest soon so check back :)

(these are resized smaller because I am out of attachment space, original sizes are between 1.5mb-5mb)

enjoy.

**edit** Here are some new ones, I have a large attachment limit now so these pics are a little bigger but still not the full file size because they are massive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
from the amount of mud on them, looks like they had a great time :p :D

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Love the look of that VE Calais V..... I might have to get one!!!

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
tr3nt said:
very first picture looks like Great Ocean Road material?.. no?

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=24205&d=1154829689

Fred Durst (limp bizkit) in the passenger seat?? teehehe

It could be, thats where they did the very first VB commodore press drive day all those years ago. Its actually a funny story, there was a few VB drivers who were racing and trying to outbreak each other and acting like tools, someone called the cops and the copper caught up with them at the cafe they had stopped at. The cop was red in the face and proceeded questioning everyone on who was driving the offending vehicles, The journo's then proceeded with a "who's on first" routine. The cop got angry and left but before that swore that if he caught anyone doing anything wrong that he would throw the book at them.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
journos like to push the boundaries a bit on press drives.

there is a good story someone who knows told me of a release a while back held in the middle of nowhere, you can guess why. the local copper got wind of it and actually camped out overnight with his blow dryer. somehow, the only journo he caught had a clean license for many years and was doing only 10 km/h over the limit. beggars can't be choosers so he wrote the ticket.

and cops wonder why they don't get a good rap.

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
good pics thanks ucwepn

does anyone else think the ve is too cute? its the omega in particular that annoys me. it looks a way too much like a girl's car. at this point in time i think the vz looks much tougher, although i still havent actually seen a ve

i have read quite a bit about the ve and all the changes are awesome, but the look is a bit on the crap side.....just have a look at this pic - it looks like those retarded vivas

Attachments

• [4]longwheelbase3.jpg
    [4]longwheelbase3.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 316

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
daveb8 said:
good pics thanks ucwepn

does anyone else think the ve is too cute? its the omega in particular that annoys me. it looks a way too much like a girl's car. at this point in time i think the vz looks much tougher, although i still havent actually seen a ve

i have read quite a bit about the ve and all the changes are awesome, but the look is a bit on the crap side.....just have a look at this pic - it looks like those retarded vivas

I have to agree, I dont particularly like the Omega model, looks like an over sized Astra Sedan

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
jules said:
and cops wonder why they don't get a good rap.

Which ones? lol

Mate the law is the law... SIMPLE! People shouldn't endlessly bad mouth cops for enforcing it.

For instance tonight at work, a guy in a VK 308, locked diff, pulls out of our driveway and does an awesome double legger all the way to the intersection with the white smoke billowing... Looked fantastic! Cops were accross the road in the McDonalds car park and chased him, came back later to measure the lines. BAM! Confiscated car (it's the law in the ACT). Do the crime, do the time... Stupid moron! PRIVATE ROADS, RACE TRACKS!!! Have fun in a safe environment...