Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE projector headlight globes

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Hi , Just wondering how to tell which way to put in the projector headlight globes the low beam ones h7 i think. I herd there was a certain way they had to go in? Thanks

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
I'm not 100% sure, but you could use the old bulb as a template and reverse the way you took it out to put the new one in

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not 100% sure, but you could use the old bulb as a template and reverse the way you took it out to put the new one in

Thanks but they are new headlights, Didn't come with low beam globes. I read somewhere that the projector low beam globes go it upside down to what the manual for the reflector style lights says?, Does anyone know if this is true?.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The bulbs can only go in one way due to the base of them. Or am I missing something?

h7.png

[edit]
BEATEN... Took too long getting a picture :emb:

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought that too, But the tab is between the two notches and the globe is loose on the opposite side to the tab? can someone tell me if this is normal? (I have checked that the metal clip is clipped in).

Thanks,

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Redvess the pic is great help!, Thats exactly how mine looks, mine has slight movement at the top when you wiggle the plug(i think it may be the metal clip is bent or something). Ill get Holden to check it when it goes for a service this week. There is not much room to try fix it which is annoying!.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
The Alignment tabs don't mean much as I managed to put mine in upside down. (forgot to pay attention to how they came out and figured the tabs would stop them from going in wrong)

You will know if you have done it wrong as the light output is crap. It's the opposite way to the pic in the manual which shows it for the normal light unit.

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Alignment tabs don't mean much as I managed to put mine in upside down. (forgot to pay attention to how they came out and figured the tabs would stop them from going in wrong)

You will know if you have done it wrong as the light output is crap. It's the opposite way to the pic in the manual which shows it for the normal light unit.

Thanks for the help , One globe was up the wrong way!