Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE R8 Amp and sub install

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
I have searched far and wide for a how to but i can't find one. Is it possible to hook an amp up to run a 12" sub straight from the boot without wiring from the head unit? The 8" subs are ok but i want deeper bass. I've read of people hooking up an amp just to run a sub but am yet to find a how to.

I dont want to run new speakers, i am happy with the vocals, i have turned the existing amp up to 3/4 and changed the wires around on the 8" subs but i still want more bass.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
OK, so can i just connect a line out converter to the two subs in the parcel shelf and then connect amp to power and im done?

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
OK, so can i just connect a line out converter to the two subs in the parcel shelf and then connect amp to power and im done?

Yeah reading the threads linked above that seems like one way to do it if you don't want to mod the headunit with RCAs.

So tap into the speaker wires for the subs from the headunit. Think it works:

Headunit -> sub speaker wires -> LOC -> LOC RCAs to AMP RCAs-> speaker wires from Amp to Subs. Amp of course has power and ground.

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
Yeah reading the threads linked above that seems like one way to do it if you don't want to mod the headunit with RCAs.

So tap into the speaker wires for the subs from the headunit. Think it works:

Headunit -> sub speaker wires -> LOC -> LOC RCAs to AMP RCAs-> speaker wires from Amp to Subs. Amp of course has power and ground.

Awesome, just wont have a remote wire but im guessing it will just turn off once the stereo powers down as it will be connected to the 8 inch subs in the parcel shelf?

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Replace factory 8" subs with new "free to air" ones (around $150- $250 a sub) and then reverse the wiring polarity.

Even those $30 woofers from jaycar will make it sound heaps better.

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
Replace factory 8" subs with new "free to air" ones (around $150- $250 a sub) and then reverse the wiring polarity.

Even those $30 woofers from jaycar will make it sound heaps better.

Nah, I bought a 10"fusion sub box with built in amp on clearance for $80 instead of $300 so going with that. The factory subs totally changed when I reversed the polarity, very happy with them.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Does the Fusion sub accept High level inputs?

Got a link to it?