Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Rear Aux Audio Input Location

metester

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Clubsport R8
I just finished hooking up the rear aux and am very happy with the result. The ground loop noise is now gone and no more ugly plugs hanging off the front. I didn't pick up any improvement in sound quality or volume level but didn't expect to.

"E1 Clubby R8 when only an 8 will do!"

matty_d

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Just wondering if it's possible to hook up a video input (for a dvd etc) whilst having the factory gps system installed? (which is taking up the video connector)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the gps is on a different input to the video input should be fine...

matty_d

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
the gps is on a different input to the video input should be fine...

haha obviously..noob moment :rofl2:

I just need to use the exist connector since the *physical port* is taken by the nav connection and just throw in the video input according to the pin out diagram right? :)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea there might be wires there for the rear dvd so just fine out which wires to use and just cut and tap into that, if u need a diagram of the wiring i can put a pic up..?

TAS1981

Reaction score
I just finished hooking up the rear aux and am very happy with the result. The ground loop noise is now gone and no more ugly plugs hanging off the front. I didn't pick up any improvement in sound quality or volume level but didn't expect to.

Hey Metester - How did you get rid of the buzz when you charge at the same time as play music through rear Aux?

metester

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Clubsport R8
I used a 5A noise filter on the audio line. I picked it up from Autobarn and you simply plug in the 3.5mm plug and cable. It removed about 90% of it. Now with the volume right down you can just hear it but normally I don't hear it anymore.

metester

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Clubsport R8
If you see this thread bobby you need to clear your inbox as I cannot send you any messages. This thread might give your answer also.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

bosmonaut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversay Edition
All VE S1's have aux rear audio in the standard main plug. you can by an adapter from Ebay that already splices into the right wires to run an ipod from the rear aux. The Premium sound models have the same but the also have an additional 2 plugs on the side of the head unit designed for the in car entertainment package. Can post photo's if needed I upgraded mine from the single non MP3 CD to the six stacker with colour screen from an SSV