Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Rear Aux Question

kiffies

Reaction score
Hi all

I've got a series 1 ve Commodore.

I'm looking to use my rear aux connection. I realise you can buy cables to do this however when I look at the connections I have there's already something plugged in there- white plug (see photo). It this for the hands-free/Bluetooth?

It looks like I'd have to unplug the existing white cable to plug in the new rear aux cable.

Any ideas anyone?
IMG_20190401_182255.jpg
Screenshot_20190401-201459.jpg

AntonCAP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 60th anniversary ute
Hey did you get an answer too this?

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Not too sure on that one. Bluetooth is handled with a separate module that's got nothing to do with the REAR AUX port. Go look in the glovebox and/pr centre console to see if it's got 30-pin iPod connectivity, that's more than likely what that is connected to.

Also, there's a bluetooth music module available these days that enables Bluetooth 4.0 for music streaming which plugs in your REAR AUX port.

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
Yeah, sorry I know nothing about your actual question, but I do know for certain that rear aux is nothing to do with Bluetooth

Actually now that I look at it again you have a heap of wires coming out of it - are they terminated on the plug that goes into the rear aux or just tangled up?

Last edited:

SSVEute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV ute
Did this recently in my VE with the bluetooth module. Not only was there a plug in there already but there was another plug that was unplugged and doing nothing. I have the HSVi optioned sat nav so I suspect they unplug the existing plug and plug in satnav audio? No idea, in any case I've unplugged what was there and used the bluetooth module and it works very well. Connects instantly and the audio is very good. I have some cheapish pioneer 3 way speakers and find the classical EQ on the unit works very well with all that. I have not tried the cars phone bluetooth but I read it wont work with this setup.

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
So what happens when you pull that plug out of the back of the unit? Does the red/black pink/black blue/grey etc wires come out with that header?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The VE has a separate module for the handsfree phone blue tooth kit. They will be the wires for the unit into the head unit. You will have to add those wires to your plug noting which pins you are using or get an adaptor plug. I added DVD player to my VE Calais back in the day and made my own plugs. Has two head rest DVD players and sound and vision to front deck. I still have the players and plugs but no longer have the VE Car.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My S1 Calais has harness’ for the rear seat entertainment. It’s integral to the crash pad assembly loom. The plugs are located near the right tweeter.