Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Rear AUX to 3.5mm adaptor?

decco

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE Calais V
I've been having trouble with my front aux socket for a while, and don't like having a cord running from my head unit to my iPhone, so I've been looking at getting some sort of adaptor so I can run a cable directly from my rear AUX input on the head unit (some strange connector that no car shops around here seem to know about) to my iPhone headphone jack.

I purchased this about a week ago: TUNELINK AUTO

It's quite neat, it's a small unit that plugs into the 12V outlet and uses bluetooth to connect to your iPhone and then plays music either through a 3.5mm auxiliary cord from the unit to the car, or its inbuilt FM transmitter. I've been using the FM transmitter so far, because my front AUX is crap, but it's terrible quality so I'm more often than not finding myself listening to the radio.

All in all, I'm looking for a 3.5mm (standard headphone jack) to VE commodore rear AUX adaptor. I have heard they exist but not sure where to get one in Adelaide.

Thanks.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
It is great imo, and for $10 how can you go wrong? the only problem is you can get a ground loop issue if you are charging your iPhone/ipod at the same time as playing it. but this is common to the front aux also.

decco

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE Calais V
If you're just using it for only streaming your iPhone, I'd recommend this cable.
I've got it in my SV6, and sounds as good as a CD does - possibly better.
So easy to install, and tucks away nice and subtle

HOLDEN COMMODORE VE AUDIO CABLE IPOD IPHONE - CHARGES | eBay

Hmm yeah I saw that one crop up a couple of times, the issue I had was that some of them apparently didn't override the VIM and display the screen again, which I would have obviously found to be an annoyance. That one looks good though. What I also wanted was to keep my Tunelink thing so I can use my iPhone wirelessly over bluetooth, and that needs a 3.5mm AUX input... Thanks.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
haha nope, i only did they audio cable (the audio channel dose not shut of when you are driving so you should be sweet)

decco

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE Calais V
haha nope, i only did they audio cable (the audio channel dose not shut of when you are driving so you should be sweet)

Ah, of course. Very nice... I've ordered those free parts and I have the other stuff I need so all good! Thanks a bunch champ.