Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE rear cradle mount torn or chassis

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Had a squeak in the rear end (2006 E1 GTS, coil overs and 260,000 klm's) so I jacked the old girl up and it looked like the bolt had come loose and the cradle was sitting lower than normal so I tried tightening the bolt and couldn't budge it.
So my next thought was bush had collapsed so I ordered new Nolathane bushes finally got a day off to pull the old girl apart and to my surprise the rattle gun that I got just spun around without the bolt coming out so I undid all the other bushes and dropped the cradle to find that the mount had pulled away from the body VE cradle.jpg, my question is has anyone had this issue before and did you just weld the mount straight back into the chassis and do you have any advise or pics?
I'm pretty sure this could be a result of my coil overs being to low and on a stiff setting.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
this is the view from the hole where I took out the rear strut
[YOUTUBE]wWbp_QoyljE[/YOUTUBE]

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
did a good job on that , you need someone to look at it , that what happens changing the suspension to a stiffer ride if you don't do it right , puts a hell of strain on ever part of the cars set up , any way I say they should weld it for you at a price .