Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE rear door won't close

Elirynn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II
Hi guys,
Today when I got the kiddos out of the car, they couldn't get the rear door to shut - The latch isn't stuck in the shut position (read a bunch of posts where this was the case), it closes but it does not latch. The latch never clicks into place thus the door just immediately opens again without even having to use the handle and if I try to lock it with the key it beep, beeps at me that a door isn't shut. I've tried sitting in there and using the indoor handle etc if I purposely close the latch the handle will release it... What is it I need to have fixed to get it to latch onto the strike plate again? and any ideas of a way to make it stay shut in the meantime so people don't bust in :eek:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the spring inside the door latch will have broken

Elirynn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II
Thanks... Hubby pulled it out of the door when he got home and somehow fixed it, nothing was broken but something had seized. A good clean and some screwdriver stabbing action and it worked again :)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks... Hubby pulled it out of the door when he got home and somehow fixed it, nothing was broken but something had seized. A good clean and some screwdriver stabbing action and it worked again :)
Hi Elirynn,
Good news.

Kleak93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE commodore
Do you know how he did it?
Single mum have been stuck at Bunnings with a 2yo with the same issue for over an hour trying to shut it. The mechanic said keep playing with it until it shuts. :(

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Duplicate post

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Single mum have been stuck at Bunnings with a 2yo with the same issue for over an hour trying to shut it. The mechanic said keep playing with it until it shuts.

Go into bunnings and grab some duct tape. That’ll get you home at least..

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Once home, remove the door trim and the the lock assembly. Inspect and see if you can unstick it. Or get a second hand one from a wrecker and be done with it.

Any sticky from the tape can be removed with eucalyptus oil.