Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE rear end is loose, help

bob builder

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I have a ve/ss sedan that has a loose rear end, when you accelerate it wanders in the back end and does not drive straight. so i am thinking the 4 large subframe mounts that hold the whole rear axle assembly are probably flogged out.
i did some searching on here without any luck.
if anyone has done these bushes or had the same problem and solved it any advice tips help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
i would have a suspension assessment done to track it down, the bush's you mention are what most of us put the void fillers in, to stiffen up rear end, as they do tend to float, your bush's may be shot

Ccoastcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline, Ve ssv
Check the locking nuts on the camber & toe adjustment arms haven't come loose also

bob builder

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
i would have a suspension assessment done to track it down, the bush's you mention are what most of us put the void fillers in, to stiffen up rear end, as they do tend to float, your bush's may be shot
would you be able to expand on void fillers , i am lost and interested to know more?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
would you be able to expand on void fillers , i am lost and interested to know more?
The standard bushes on the rear subframe have 'hollows' in them, or voids.
There are aftermarket bits that actually fill the 'voids' to stiffen the rear bushes.

bob builder

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
The standard bushes on the rear subframe have 'hollows' in them, or voids.
There are aftermarket bits that actually fill the 'voids' to stiffen the rear bushes.
sorry for the questions but,
so they are not replacements for the standard bush?
I am happy to replace the bushes, so is there a replacement part that will do what you are si=ugesting and if so please give me a point in the right direction?
I am thinking i have 75000kms on the car and am happy to replace bushes struts shocks.
struts and shocks are munroe but i took them off my old ve so they have done 120000kms between the two cars
Regards
Bob

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
sorry for the questions but,
so they are not replacements for the standard bush?

No, they just add to the standard bush.
Aftermarket bushes are available as well.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
in this pic of the rear end the 4 big blue bush's are what we are talking about, if you go through the superpro listing it will show you the bush's and void fillers too
https://superpro.com.au/find/superp...e-ve-sedan-wagon-ute-2006-2013-/cid-999501035

this should help explain
https://imageapi.partsdb.com.au/api/Image?urlId=hY+Rl2935T1BzaDZGYMds8jaSgI/P9XTZX+2jA9GzLY=

these are the nolethane ones, click on pics and you will see
http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=49169

Last edited: