Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Rear wheel bearing replacement

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
A friend got his rear wheel bearing done at Goodyear for $450. Shop around mate. I know you said you are in a small town, but it may even be worth driving a few hours to a bigger one and get it done for a better price.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There is no seal in the kit?

I figured that, but thats what they said. Must be dealer code name for whatever they forgot !! at least they drive me home that night to make up for the stuff up.
kinda figured something was wrong when they rang me at 3 in the arvo to say i need a new bearing then sounded surprised when i said yep, i know, thats what i booked it in for!

T_Spargo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi all,

Thanks heaps for your help! I'm driving 4 hours to Adelaide to get it done, since i was going anyway. It's going to cost $400 instead of $700. :)

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Just digging up this thread as my front drivers side wheel bearing has **** it's self.Is there anything i need to know? i have got the bearing at home ready to go,but it sound like there different from front and back.

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Correct.

Mad mars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore
Just removed mine took just over an hour had trouble pushing the drive shaft through. The problem is that the new bearing is different to the old one, and i dont know if i just remove the bit off the stud plate it will be ok, nobody mentions this as they replace the stud plate as well

Mad mars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore
Rear bearing on ve that is