Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE recall

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
was it manufactoring fault or installation fault, at least there checking and rectifing before release

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I think it was installation. This guy who was fixing them told us it was something to do with a clip not put in correctly or something. cant remeber properly.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Sounds like best to wait for the series 2 to be released to make sure they have ironed out all the faults.loloolol

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rovert said:
Sounds like best to wait for the series 2 to be released to make sure they have ironed out all the faults.loloolol

with the 6 speed auto standard and a 200kw alloytec

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i reckon that we should say at least its a little thing...not wheels falling off or what not...then again if it has a big effect on how the seatbelts work it could be major...

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
big_stretch said:
then again if it has a big effect on how the seatbelts work it could be major...

yeah, holden wouldnt want to spend a billion dollers on a car that fling people out the windscreen in an accident, that would be great publicity. hopefully that wont happen tho

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I think they started checking most of the cars before too many of them were transported out of the plant. They've had a good week and a bit to check all of them I would say.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I thought it was pretty standard wisdom never to buy the first model of any new car...when we were hunting for a car and found a few VX's we liked, we were told (and informed by this very website after a bit of searching) that the series II VX was a must, as the rear suspension geometry was modded to fix the VT and first series VX problem of looking like the rear wheels of a forty year old VW Beetle from behind...

The number of times over the years I've seen all sorts of cars...Magnas, Camrys, Falcons, and, yes, Commodores, with build problems in early versions of a completely new model isn't funny.

As much as you might have your tongue hanging out for one...I'd wait a year or two...:whistling

Puggle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Man Sedan Cosmo
Definitely. Good advice :thumbsup: .

I waited for the Series II VY SS, all the workmates driving the Series I. Differences are huge, like the plastic versus aluminium gear knob. Or the metal sports pedals (I think). Lends a totally different feel to the interior. And this is not even mentioning the mechanical side.

Be careful though, to pay for the upgrades, the often simply cut corners somewhere. Did you know that every SS VY I has a full size 18in Alloy wheel in the boot? And every SS VY II has a space saver steel spare in the boot? Funny that.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Rovert said:
Sounds like best to wait for the series 2 to be released to make sure they have ironed out all the faults.

The last of the new VZs are still being sold today! This is just shy of 9 years after the VT was released and all the problems STILL aren't ironed out.