Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE recall

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Wombat said:
I'd wait a year or two...

Yeah... When they're everywhere and the "new" factor had worn off... I'm putting my order in before Christmas and then strapping in and enjoying the ride of owning a new VE. There is a 3yr warranty for a reason after all. And you'll ALWAYS be able to do the series 2 changes to the series 1 cars down the track...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Puggle said:
Definitely. Good advice :thumbsup: .

I waited for the Series II VY SS, all the workmates driving the Series I. Differences are huge, like the plastic versus aluminium gear knob. Or the metal sports pedals (I think). Lends a totally different feel to the interior. And this is not even mentioning the mechanical side.

Be careful though, to pay for the upgrades, the often simply cut corners somewhere. Did you know that every SS VY I has a full size 18in Alloy wheel in the boot? And every SS VY II has a space saver steel spare in the boot? Funny that.

Hmmm I'm nearly positive my VYII SS is plastic. The spare is a 15(?)" exec wheel. Not a space saver. I personnaly perfer that - have seen 2 instances where scumbags take a pinch bar and force the boot lid to steal the spare. $900 damage to steal a $400 wheel.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Yeah... When they're everywhere and the "new" factor had worn off... I'm putting my order in before Christmas and then strapping in and enjoying the ride of owning a new VE. There is a 3yr warranty for a reason after all. And you'll ALWAYS be able to do the series 2 changes to the series 1 cars down the track...

Try putting the extra bar into the rear suspension of a VX1 without major rooting around!

Reaper

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
You guys say that but judging buy what Ive heard in terms of VE orders, there are a lot of people who dont give a s**t about that.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
drewins said:
You guys say that but judging buy what Ive heard in terms of VE orders, there are a lot of people who dont give a s**t about that.
Just because you shouldn't buy the S1 of a whole new model dosn't mean people woint do it. The VT S1 was a "lemon" but it sold really well. It's good to see manufactures have to call back safety issues with the car unlike 15 years ago.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Reaper said:
Try putting the extra bar into the rear suspension of a VX1 without major rooting around!

Reaper

Um how about no! Just pay a professional to do it... Like I did with my VX1. $430 later and it's mechanically a VX2 :D

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
vztrt said:
The VT S1 was a "lemon"

Don't make stupid statements without at least trying to back it up. I had a Series 1 VT Acclaim wagon. Only problems I ever had were brake shudder (common on ALL Commodores since 1978), windscreen washer jets no shooting properly and a warped tailgate interior liner, ALL fixed under warranty.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Don't make stupid statements without at least trying to back it up. I had a Series 1 VT Acclaim wagon. Only problems I ever had were brake shudder (common on ALL Commodores since 1978), windscreen washer jets no shooting properly and a warped tailgate interior liner, ALL fixed under warranty.

I'm going by warranty defects from Holden, it had a lot of bugs and many more warranty claims than the EL/AU at the time. But thats to be expected, the BA sold so many units but anything built before Oct 03 is riddled with problems. Dont have a big sook at the fact that a whole new platform had problems. Every new platform gets better and has less problems. The VT1 or the BA1 wasn't as bad as the VN or EA problems that occurred back in the late 80's.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Personally, I also think this release (the VE) is going to differ from the trend we're used to of Australian cars having defects and problems with the first release of each model. Given the over $1billion investment in the design and engineering of it, I think there will be far fewer problems than we're used to.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Personally, I also think this release (the VE) is going to differ from the trend we're used to of Australian cars having defects and problems with the first release of each model. Given the over $1billion investment in the design and engineering of it, I think there will be far fewer problems than we're used to.

There getting and better with each new platform. Also they are solving the problems alot quicker than they use too.