Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE recall

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
not sure but heard through the grapevine that the VE has a recall on it because of a seat belt tensioner or something failing to retract. pretty sad if true, recalling a vehicle that isnt even released. i mean it's not brakes or steering at fault but when theres billion bucks injected into the project you would tend think holdens not upto scratch. cmon guys we all know your better than that!!!

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
??? WTF i don't get it. I thought it would be safe to recall a car before its out on public sale. Anyway it sounds like i can be an easy fix

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i definately agree its good that there doin it before they on public sale but they should in theory not have a problem like that.. i mean with todays modern cars with a million moving parts etc it would be hard to have a completely flawless vehicle. but i think holdens standard should be better if this rumour is true.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Well its not a recall is it.. It aint bein recalled to anywhere... Dealers normally take care of the recalls do they not? Which is as far as the VE's have gotten.

Plus with the distance the VE's have travelled... I doubt they would only just have discovered something now...

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
The 380 had a recall two weeks after it was out on the road, it happens. It's the vendors fault anyway, would klippan be the supplier?? I guess it's lucky that it has happened early.

mjm4676

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute, 94 Swift Cino
Well guys the rumour is true. Not really a recall but safety action/inspection. It came through this afternoon, action is to check LHF & RHF seat belt webbing guides, and if they arent how they should be, they are to be replaced.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Sounds pretty weird. They already have many of the VE's ready to go now and something so small?
All the testing and beating these cars to death and now a 20c part might be crap?

tsalad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR family truckster
most new models have glitches. At least they picked it up before the mass sales started!

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
the thing is, no matter how much testing you do they're only ever dealing with a relatively small no. of builds (they have maybe 200? vehicles) when you start mass producing them in the 1000s you're going to find new problems.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
they picked that up a couple of weeks ago and fixed most of them while they were still at the plant i think. I remeber people going around fixing or just checking them pretty easily. Jules were building something like 500 a day. Not all VE's but we have been making a fair few. At least its getting rectified before sales and im pretty sure that most of them just had to be checked. Not a problem.