Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are my options

• Headphones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Listen to engine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ig109

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Caprice
Hi All,

I have a 2013 Chevrolet Caprice which I think would be considered a VE S2 Caprice or "WM"?

Anyway from what I can tell they fitted the car with the Ute version of the silver faced Holden IQ for 2013 model year only. The unit itself doesn't have wiring internally to run anything but the front door speakers.

This car has at least 7 holes for speakers if I could properly and 9 if you count popping out the cutouts for the deck speakers in the back parcel tray.

I have read and read and read about this ASR company that used to offer the option of a kit to put low line RCA outputs inside the factory radios. I'm dying to make this thing have some good sound inside (already has no mufflers so it's loud enough outside).

My question is as such. I can't find any sign that ASR is still a company. Does anyone know of anyone who can / still does this work?

Anyone have photos of what the kit entailed?

Anyone care to take the time to show me what it takes to do this work?

I'm already about to be inside the "box" to solder on an input for the Rear Camera and to fix the broken antenna connector on the main board.. (who puts the connector on the side.. come on). So I'd like to take care of everything needed inside the "box" all at once.

Thanks everyone.

ig109

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Caprice
Yeah, there's a guy in the US who found a supplier for the antenna connector so I got that one handled. And I found a thread on the newcaprice forum online in US that shows how to add the camera. Can't find anyone that has done anything to make the radio worth a hoot other than the LOC and with only one set of speaker outputs that would seem to sound bad.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi All,

I have a 2013 Chevrolet Caprice which I think would be considered a VE S2 Caprice or "WM"?

Anyway from what I can tell they fitted the car with the Ute version of the silver faced Holden IQ for 2013 model year only. The unit itself doesn't have wiring internally to run anything but the front door speakers.

This car has at least 7 holes for speakers if I could properly and 9 if you count popping out the cutouts for the deck speakers in the back parcel tray.

I have read and read and read about this ASR company that used to offer the option of a kit to put low line RCA outputs inside the factory radios. I'm dying to make this thing have some good sound inside (already has no mufflers so it's loud enough outside).

My question is as such. I can't find any sign that ASR is still a company. Does anyone know of anyone who can / still does this work?

Anyone have photos of what the kit entailed?

Anyone care to take the time to show me what it takes to do this work?

I'm already about to be inside the "box" to solder on an input for the Rear Camera and to fix the broken antenna connector on the main board.. (who puts the connector on the side.. come on). So I'd like to take care of everything needed inside the "box" all at once.

Thanks everyone.

You should get in touch with envyous customs. Jason is a top bloke. Email him via the website. https://www.envyouscustoms.com/

The S2 IQ headunits sound like poo, even with the high end sound system found in Aussie Caprice, Calais, Statesman. The S1 sounded better.

Can you source a better headunit from your local wrecker? Plenty of services to reflash the headunit to suit your car.

For the cost, another option maybe look to the Kayhan headunits that replace the factory IQ. They sound heaps better off factory speakers and functionality is years ahead.

Last edited: