Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE S2 IQ Facia

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No. I’ve not found one.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
*they might be VIN matched, as I swapped parts that might have contained the VIN data.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Anyone ever swap a series two stereo unit for a series one with the envious customs mod cable etc and find everything works when the unit is powered via the key but I found if you want to turn it on without the ignition switch it comes up with “vin not present “and doesn’t output until you turn the key …not a big deal just wondered

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine never did that. I used Envyous Customs cables.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. If only I could find all the photos etc.
anyway. You need a trip to Jaycar to get a “spudger” to be able to lift up some of the wiring plugs and data cables etc on the facia boards.

Some torx bits too.

Undo all the screws on the back. Have it face down on a towel. Work your way through undoing various bits u til you can separate the screen from the donor facia.

Then disassemble your faulty facia.
giphy.gif

Attach your recently liberated donor facia to your existing facia and reassemble. Should all work.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Yes. If only I could find all the photos etc.
anyway. You need a trip to Jaycar to get a “spudger” to be able to lift up some of the wiring plugs and data cables etc on the facia boards.

Some torx bits too.

Undo all the screws on the back. Have it face down on a towel. Work your way through undoing various bits u til you can separate the screen from the donor facia.

Then disassemble your faulty facia.
giphy.gif

Attach your recently liberated donor facia to your existing facia and reassemble. Should all work.
Is it possible to just swap the whole fascia assembly? Pop the faulty one and put the new one in place without taking the whole unit out etc…

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. It very easy to do once all the panels are off.

But

The car won’t start and there will be problems with the radio not working. Why? Because it needs to have the same VIN stored in its eprom as all other modules on the car. If one isn’t the same, the whole network fails.

So. That starts to get expensive without having the right high end diagnostic tool to do that with.

You can send the replacement facia off to LSxtreme in Ballarat or Envyous Customs here in Perth, to be reflashed with your VIN and that gets it all working and ready to swap over.

Or

As I posted before, disassemble the facia, swap out the screens which won’t require reflashing data.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Is it possible to just swap the whole fascia assembly? Pop the faulty one and put the new one in place without taking the whole unit out etc…
See if you can find anyone in Sydney with the right software as the facia linking takes about 10 seconds with custom software if you just want to put a whole new facia on. All done through the OBD port. If you were in Adelaide I could it for you.