Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE S2 IQ Issues

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Hi All

I know issues with the IQ systems have been discussed in multiple threads, but thought this one warranted a new one.

Might be worth mentioning, that I'm running an MY13 map update & the firmware of the IQ system was the latest revision when it was in for service in June this year.

For the last 2 weeks my IQ system has been having all sorts of dramas... Such as:

* Nav system not loading or lagging dramatically in the menu/s

* GPS sync taking up to 15 mins to happen & then being temperamental (My Holden dealer suggests this is normal - But of a joke)

* iPod not connecting via cable

* Inability to access phone book on my Sony Xperia Z (This could be due to new firmware for the phone)

* No audio AT ALL

I'm sure some if not all of these issues have been faced by owners of an IQ equipped car, but as things progressively got worse, my initial thought was the unit was packing it in! Once the audio completely stopped (Which happened to be a Saturday afternoon) I was ready to make arrangements for a visit to Holden... BUT, after a few hours of the car being off, it all started to work again!

To make matters worse - With the exception of the phone book access which I'm yet to re-test - the system is working as good as the day I got the car. I am happy this is the case, but it does make it aweful hard to fault, especially when I'm running out of warranty time.

Anyway, question is, is this 100% normal behavior, or is this the sign that the system may be on it's last legs? If so, as it's not exactly easy to fault, if there anyway that may result in a garunteed replacement of the unit? I really don't want to have to fit the bill on a new one when it's outside of the warranty period.

Cheers

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
^^^

Cheers!