Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE sales

willygrice

Reaction score
Sales

The thing I don't get is how people say, we can't buy passenger cars anymore, fuel costs too much. So instead of sales of buzz boxes going up, people go and buy navara, hilux and triton dual cabs, Sales of commodores down, dual cab sales doubled, trippled and quadroupled in the last few years!?!?!?!?!?

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
I did read a quote from Mooney, mentioning he was happy with how the VE was selling (maybe even a little surprised - but I cant remember whereabouts the quote was, so no reference for you)

Mooney would have to say that, the truth is Holden, Ford and Mitsu are shitting bricks at the moment with the was the large car market is going. All three thought that the VE would rejuvenate the market.

Can they give a number without fleet sales included?

Almost every VE i have seen has a fleet sticker on it lol

PS: the caprice is a splendid car to drive, so refined. A very good job done there with that car.

Normally about 70% of the cars sold by Holden are fleet cars.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
the stato and the caprice look absolutely sweet.... on some angles they look like an audi A6, they are a bit high though and on a slant ie rear higher than front, but that can be easily sorted. :yeah:

cheers
ryan

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i'd go for a SV6 at the drop of the hat but i have seen a few omegas around, mostly silver of that champange colour

i dont mind them was interesting to follow one down the freeway, but if i had the money it'd be a blue sv6 for sure, such a beautiful car

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The new camry looks arse curtains, anyway. I think the production models should continue to be disguised. Or disposed of. I've only seen two, and I don't want to see any more. Not as bad as the ssangyong rodius, I guess, but still painful.

The look of them isnt too bad, they do drive very well, the fuel usage seems excellent and have some nice standard features...After talking with a Toyota New car manager he is saying alot of people are waiting for the aurion, hence low sales, apparaently there is alot of backlogged orders..especially seeing as for the power and cost as well as fuel economy is brilliant.

Anyways..thats just my 2 cents.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
thought i would bring this back up, i just came home from a trip to cowra and back over the new years break, and can i tell you i was surprised at how many ve's i saw, and they were mainly calais, ss, berlina etc,

i did see a sales figure the other week and the ve was way ahead of the falcon with the aurion very close to falcon sales,

does anyone know of an offical sales site to see figures of individual cars or top cars in a segment etc? ive had a search but couldnt find anything

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Holden media site has some info - press release stuff. May not help you....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
They have been selling between 5000 and 5500 per month on average. Way off the highs of the VT but still respectable and as more models come on line the factory capacity will top out later this year.

Reaper

efryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 3.6 Auto
It appears that the VE is not one of those "gotta get one now" type of cars. It basically grows on you. I looked around about 6 months ago, at various manufacturers offerings, and the VE ended up growing on me, the main items that made my decision.....

1) The safety features included (ESP, Traction control etc...)
2) The lines of the car - it is a nicely modeled car where pictures do not do it justice. Others have mentioned that it looks a lot better actually seeing one.
3) Smoother suspension than the VZ (FE2).

After putting the car in my driveway, two other neighbours in the street within eyesight have gone and bought one a month or so later. One of the neighbours actually told me that he saw my car and test-drove one for himself (previous was a Mazda 6). Needless to say he bought it. Mine is nothing special, just the Red SV6, but it does cut a fine figure, especially kept clean.

And as for the drive.com.au reviewer, that stated he was disappointed that the VE doesn't have that "head turning to look at" appeal. Over the last 6 months, I have noticed a lot of people do take time to look at the car as they walk past with good comments, including ones that stop and ask questions about it.

So I think the VE is probably going to be one of those cars that will take a bit of time. Yes it has its problems and small flaws, but generally a good car and a credit to Holden. I know I am happy with mine.....

Regards

Bob

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Cars
Commodore VZ, Commodore VS, Toyota Corolla Seca, Toyota Corolla Seca, Commodore VL, Commodore VB

Last edited:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
It appears that the VE is not one of those "gotta get one now" type of cars. It basically grows on you. I looked around about 6 months ago, at various manufacturers offerings, and the VE ended up growing on me, the main items that made my decision.....

1) The safety features included (ESP, Traction control etc...)
2) The lines of the car - it is a nicely modeled car where pictures do not do it justice. Others have mentioned that it looks a lot better actually seeing one.
3) Smoother suspension than the VZ (FE2).

After putting the car in my driveway, two other neighbours in the street within eyesight have gone and bought one a month or so later. One of the neighbours actually told me that he saw my car and test-drove one for himself (previous was a Mazda 6). Needless to say he bought it. Mine is nothing special, just the Red SV6, but it does cut a fine figure, especially kept clean.

And as for the drive.com.au reviewer, that stated he was disappointed that the VE doesn't have that "head turning to look at" appeal. Over the last 6 months, I have noticed a lot of people do take time to look at the car as they walk past with good comments, including ones that stop and ask questions about it.

So I think the VE is probably going to be one of those cars that will take a bit of time. Yes it has its problems and small flaws, but generally a good car and a credit to Holden. I know I am happy with mine.....

Regards

Bob

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Cars
Commodore VZ, Commodore VS, Toyota Corolla Seca, Toyota Corolla Seca, Commodore VL, Commodore VB

couldnt of said it better, the ve is a huge credit to holden and australian cars in general