Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Seat Warmers

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hey guys, I'm doing my research before I intend to purchase a SSV Ute, in regards to mod’s and after market. Have already sighted that I want to add sliding arm rest, exterior lights under exterior mirrors, glove box light (that is if the SS V doesn’t come with one), Garmin GPS using existing screen and using existing screen to play movies, radiator cover (make it look neater in the engine bay) Shorter bee-sting aerial, but since it’s been cold lately (hello winter) what about seat warmers?

I know the Pontiac G8 comes with them and I presume they are the same seats that you find in our SSV’s CalaisV’s. So what’s the deal how do these operate? Where is the switch, loom? Are they already built into our seats? Would love some help from our fellow G8 members plus anyone who can give me more insight into this next mod.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Personally, I'm not too fussed on seat warmers but I'm surprised VE's don't have them here - at least from the SSV upwards, given that the new Holden Cruze CDX will come with them standard on a $23K car.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
ROTFL - harden the **** up guys! Cars in Australia don't need seat warmers.

Reaper

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
^^ I agree. I'm just saying that when cheap 4 cyl cars start coming out with them as standard, the Commodore might be seen to be falling behind if it doesn't have them.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Thanks guys for your heart felt words on harden the **** up, but can anyone help me out on this issue. I would really like to know how your operate the warmers, where are the switches? thermo guage? Would be great to hear from someone who owns a G8 Pontiac

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
^^ I agree. I'm just saying that when cheap 4 cyl cars start coming out with them as standard, the Commodore might be seen to be falling behind if it doesn't have them.

The VE is a locally built car for a local market. I dont think either whether the car has seat warmers is going to sway people between buying a 4cyl or a 6/8cyl:thumbsup:

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
The VE is a locally built car for a local market.

dude get a clue, I guss Holden sold more cars in the middle east than sold in AUS.

speaking of, the summer is here now, and it's avarage is 45 dgrees. seat COOLERS whould be much more useful in my case xD

setting on a 60 degrees hot black lether, is not cool :bang:

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
dude get a clue, I guss Holden sold more cars in the middle east than sold in AUS.

speaking of, the summer is here now, and it's avarage is 45 dgrees. seat COOLERS whould be much more useful in my case xD

setting on a 60 degrees hot black lether, is not cool :bang:

I forget, Correct me if i'm wrong, But isn't this a .au site.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont think either whether the car has seat warmers is going to sway people between buying a 4cyl or a 6/8cyl:thumbsup:

I didn't say it would. :bang: