Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE seats into a VY

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Ok, I have a VY SS series 2 Ute and would like to change the seats. The leather on the drivers seat is starting to crack a little.

Will VE seats fit into a VY Ute? Will the rail system from the VY SS seat bolt to the VE seat?

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
I'm pretty sure I spotted a post around here somewhere with that exact issue, although from memory you had to change the rails. Lemme see if I can find it for my fellow darwinite :p

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
The answer appears to be no. Took a bit to find, and had to jump on HSV forum (knew I'd seen it somewhere) - rails are different. I'm not sure of anyone in Darwin that can do the modification to fit the VT-VZ rails onto the seats either sorry. I would try Katherine Holden, seriously, as they know what their talking about as opposed to our other Holden dealer. You know what I'm talking about :p

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Sure thing. I wasn't sure if it could be done. The VE Ute seats have a cool latch that flips the seat forward without having to readjust the back rest, would make it so much easier to put stuff behind the seat.

I have to replace (or re cover) my leather seats as the drivers seat is starting to crack. Not cheap, $3000 trade price from Holden (for both seats complete) or $1000 re done in cloth or $1800 for leather. SS cloth seats only come with flicks of colour on them, not a pure black cover which is what I want.

Cheers

vy_joshy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 EXEC
The rails can be replaced but they are not a direct 'in-out' ... a timely procedure which probably isnt worth the worry.. Dont have Holden re-trim them though... at $3000 you might as well sell yours on Ebay as damaged and buy yourself some brand newies!

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
monaro and gto seats have the dump latch too.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Good idea there but finding some in Darwin might be a little tricky. Will have a scout out for some. Had a quote today to have my seats redone and wasn't as bad as I thought compared to other ideas