Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE secrets revealed

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Ballport1998vt, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Mr Squiggle

Mr Squiggle Banned

Members Ride:
    Rocket
    The BMW M3 uses a bit more juice around town and only runs on 98 octane fuel, I'd say that was standard in Europe anyway?, but makes 250 kw(rw typo) from 3.2 liters.

If you want to make a speedy 6, that's what you should be aiming for, of course the Commodore is a cheap car so you get what you pay, more than you pay for really, If you want to go really fast just buy a Mitsubishi 380? it's much quicker than the VZ or the VE

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  2. andrewmac

andrewmac Member

Members Ride:
    S2 VE SS
    Well ofcourse if you want to pay $140000+ then go for it but as you said you get what you pay for.
    But this discussion is more about the fuel economy and the m3 is laking 17.8L/100KM round the city is deffinetly not upto commodore standards but if you have the money to buy a beamer i would dare say petrol is not the biggest concern.
    What i should have said was what v6 is as poweful as fuel efficient and as cost effective as the aussie 6's.
    Im sure there could be other alternatives but i think the cost of implementing that kind of reasearch and development would render the cars to be out of the price range of most ppl.
    I cant see most ppl paying 50 grand for an executive (in the near future anyway) just because it uses less fuel than a 30 grand car.
    The thing is you are always going to be making sacrifices if you want a powerful car it will either cost you in fuel or in the price of the car, the phrase you cant have your cake and eat it too comes to mind .

3. TehFastyOne

TehFastyOne New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS V Utility
    Actually, I have bothered to research or I wouldn't have posted here.

Understandably so you need extra power to pull extra weight, another reason why the VE is going to be worse than the VZ which is a lemon already. It's not just the speed of the car, it's the fact of adding more crap to it which also makes me put a big cross next to the car. There are other methods of compensating weight without making the engine bigger. Essentially, the cars from Toyota and Mitsubishi for example can use smaller capacity engines on a similar chassis at the cost of the cars speed ability.

All these factors run concurrently with each other. With a more kW, the car will be even more financially unfriendly IMO.

4. 392RWkwSS

392RWkwSS New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Exec S2
    sorry to say but if u have researched its not good enough. or ur just being very one eyed and stubborn. the VE is gaining extra weight due to the all new chassis which is heavier to the previous one due to the amount of structural rigidity required/expected by a new car buyer.And on top of that more weight is added through neccessary safety features being made available to the car such as curtain airbags, and also due to a need to improve the side impact performance of the car. LEMON :bop:

5. andrewmac

andrewmac Member

Members Ride:
    S2 VE SS
    People dont want to give up the power which is why the motor has to be more powerful.The Magna uses a 3.5 motor which is only a tiny bit smaller than 3.6 your basically spliting hairs there and the camry is a smaller car than both so it does not need a bigger engine plus they are both front wheels drive.
    Commodores are good for towing which is another application which it is important to have the extra grunt there.
    You say that mitsu and toyota use smaller engines, if you havent noticed both of them have now got bigger motors to power there large cars and yet holden are the only one which have reduced the capacity of there motor to get more power.
    Think about it!!

6. fourstar82

fourstar82 Head Chef Honcho

Members Ride:
    VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
    Your calling it a Lemon without having ever driven it... Stupid assumption, wait until you drive it or read solid reviews.

7. EvoVIIIJDM

EvoVIIIJDM Got Evo?

Members Ride:
    Evo VIII JDM
    NOt big on the new shape at all peoples. Not going to bite into this saga, i havent done my research.

8. 392RWkwSS

392RWkwSS New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Exec S2
    im not calling the VE a lemon i love it. im calling TehFastyOne a lemon coz he doesnt do his research properly.
    sorry if i offended u i didnt mean it. :bow:

9. VS Omega

VS Omega New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore Omega
    Whoever's bagging the VE: You're not thinking of the bigger picture, it may be up on weight, and it's speculated the kW power is up slightly to match, but no one's mentioned torque.. the thing which moves the car.. that could be up a lot more for all we know, and it's not just about looks, the driving experience could be fantastic.

This could be the best commodore ever, and who care's if in V6 form it could get beaten by a VN V6.. no offence but VN's.. eck! Besides, competing with a car from an era when there were hardly as many restrictions to new cars as there are now isn't fair at all.. (plus what's the point of making a competition of two lower-end family sedans?) I doubt a VN SS would be much of a challenge to a 6.0 litre L76 powered VE, both in performance and fuel economy (DoD anyone? :D)

And looks.. how can anyone say it looks crap, you can't see ****!

Brand new platform, near-brand new drivetrain components.. this thing's advanced in contrast to something like Ford with their 30+ year old block (if anyone wants to go down the Ford path :flame: )

</rant>

10. fourstar82

fourstar82 Head Chef Honcho

Members Ride:
    VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
    aaaah its all good! Didn't read it the right way in relation to his comment. It annoys me when people make un-educated guesses and comments on something they have no idea about! :bang: I'm really looking forward to the VE, and with any luck I'll get to have a test drive.

11. VLishes

VLishes BaZMeG

Members Ride:
    VS Calais SII
    The VE will be a lemon because it is a ****tail of foreign cheap shiyt. The VZ was the last true blue Commodore.

12. Full Spectrum

Full Spectrum Bro it's a VW your Audi!

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    The VZ was Opel based you twat! Thats foreign. Now get a grip you small closed mined tat.:hit: :shooting:

13. Ripcell

Ripcell R8 FTW!!!

Members Ride:
    324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
    **Shudders, WTF have you done holden, they look ****!!

14. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    There computer generated pictures, Because no-one has seen the car in it's full yet.
    You should save that type of judgement till the car is on display from holden fully uncovered.

15. VLishes

VLishes BaZMeG

Members Ride:
    VS Calais SII
    Oh dear, we have a inbred alert, any person with more then 50 IQ would choose a Opel over a Daiwoo, now whos the twat you slapper.

16. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    See it's true you don't need a IQ of over 10 to come up with a lam arse reply like that.

17. VS Omega

VS Omega New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore Omega
    Actually, the VE is more Australian designed than the VZ.. first ever production car to be built on the Zeta platform made completely by Holden instead of having it based on an Opel (like the VB - VZ).. it has the least amount of Australian materials used on it than any other car, but it's by no means related to Daewoo.. this is only to keep the costs down as it's also the most expensive Commodore to date

18. ucwepn

ucwepn America just kicked in yo

Members Ride:
    WH statesman 5.7
    Yeah all judgement should be reserved until the finished product is unveiled. It is not made by "daewoo" maybe only a handful of components will be made in korea and with the new panel stamping machinr from Japan the commodore will have the tightes panel gaps of any commodore before it. (on some earlier models you can stick your finger right in the panel gaps). Gearbox's from germany (same as the ford gearbox).

19. blackahcdx

blackahcdx New Member

the VE has not a damn thing to do with daewoo

20. VLishes

VLishes BaZMeG

Members Ride:
    VS Calais SII
    Totally missing the point, the VE probably has the most amount of cheap Asian parts out of all Commodores, yes, hence "keeping the cost down" = low quality, look at the Barina, it's not even a Holden (Opel), I still would prefer the older Barinas from Spain then Korea.

...and SlickHolden your just a stupid Holden fanboy, who can't take criticism.