Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE secrets revealed

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Ballport1998vt, Apr 8, 2006.

1. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    The VE i feel wil be like the AU was for ford :(

2. andrewmac

andrewmac Member

Members Ride:
    S2 VE SS
    If holden are getting parts from asian countries it does not mean that they will be bad quality.
    Just because something is cheaper dosent mean its worse (do you drive around to find the most expensive petrol cause it just has to be better?).
    And who cares if the barina is from Korea there doing pretty well in sales if you havent noticed the reason that holden use the barina is to compete in the light car sales the reason its cheap is because the materials are cheap but the commodore is not going to be 12 grand, it is a large car competing against other large cars and will still need to be competitive.
    They will have to use the best materials forthe cheapest price it just makes sense.

...and you were the one who started with the stupid insults so grow up!!!

3. Nobody Actually

Nobody Actually luxo barge

Members Ride:
    2007 wm Caprice
    and you can..........................?

4. foammedia

foammedia Guest

Older Barina's from Spain and Korea? last time I was in a Barina it was a Suzuki Swift :), not a bad little machine either, not up to the GTI weapon version Suziki Sold though

5. Full Spectrum

Full Spectrum Bro it's a VW your Audi!

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    Well not all the parts are Asian sourced. You are manly thinking Korea as it has a bad rep. Your problem is you listen to much to what gets said from the neighbours aunties dog friends butcher who sells meat to a guy that cleans holden windows at dealerships. (Chopper quote)
    When the Finnish product is released on the roads and more is known then have your 20c worth.

And i seen no criticism just rudeness in many of your words so i wont need the tissues just yet. You disabled rep i wonder why?:whistling
    Oh and I'm a man not a boy;).:bop:
    They thought that with the VY.

6. ucwepn

ucwepn America just kicked in yo

Members Ride:
    WH statesman 5.7
    The VE will look more like "cars today" are looking, square sided and will not be very "unique looking" IMO, Holden will want to play it safe for now. Whats wrong with korean products? I bet the computer your using right now has most if not all of its parts from Korea. Majority of Electronics and stuff are made in Asia anyway. And its not like the previous and current model commodores have "quality" interiors anyway LOL

7. VLishes

VLishes BaZMeG

Members Ride:
    VS Calais SII
    Yeah that is why the new Barina received 2 stars for safety. Nice one.

Mate, open your eyes, re-read the thread, clearly it shows I didn't start the insults.

8. VLishes

VLishes BaZMeG

Members Ride:
    VS Calais SII
    Sure I can, nothing like the sweet sound of rustling feathers in a forum.

9. VLishes

VLishes BaZMeG

Members Ride:
    VS Calais SII
    Nothing wrong with SOME Korean products, my pc is mostly Chinese/Taiwanese, which I have no choice in. Anyways all Commodores don't scream quality, you get what you'd paid for, so everyonew to their own.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  10. andrewmac

andrewmac Member

Members Ride:
    S2 VE SS
    So what the barina that comes from korea has a bad saftey rating , i said just because it comes from korea does not make it crap, you cant say that everything or even most things that come from korea are crap.
    The new epica looks quite a nice car not cheap and nasty at all and thats a korean.

Read what i said.
    I said you started with the "STUPID" insults "twat" is lighthearted "inbred" is STUPID!

11. 392RWkwSS

392RWkwSS New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Exec S2
    i wish that in just one of these forums could be argument free. just 1. you guys r all bitches who cares who started the "STUPID" insults we r talking about a car evry1 is entitled to their own oppinion.

just to hav my say on the matter though the very latest korean products have been of high quality. ne1 seen the hyundai grandeur?? its a class act AND its produced in KOREA by a KOREAN company using KOREAN products. to generalise about all asian products is like a european bloke to turn around and say the aussie cars r sh*t quality which most of them are. dont get me wrong i love my commodores but there are plenty of better cars in the world just maybe not in the same price bracket. lets just leave the asian vs aussie debate out of the thread. its pointless to argue over some taillights not much more will be manufactured over there. and by the way all tooling and sheet metal printers were sourced from japan which make a better qualtiy vehicle than both holden and ford.
    thats my two cents dont bite my head off though its just my oppinion

12. foammedia

foammedia Guest

I was at the local show a couple of months ago and there was a posh Hyundai next to a VZ SS, it was quite clear which was the better quality, build quality and parts in general, the Hyundai was miles in front, I remember saying to my wife, how amazed I was at the stand out difference in quality. But if you think about it Hyundai is a very serious company that can make Ships in a few days and some of the best computer parts in the world etc. They should be able to make a good car standing on their head. Try closing the door on your VN-VS when you have one of the front wheels jacked up, it'll be pretty sticky because the car is BENT like a bit of rubber. I guess the VT-VZ would be just as bendy. I know a guy that works on the production line and he follows his own cars down the line and they get double the welds and straight welds, pity they can't do that for everyones Commodore

13. sting ls2

sting ls2 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
    Well said 392rwkwss,i think some people are taking other peoples opinions a bit to far,were is the love guys,we all like commodores dont we.
    Well we should wait for the VE to come out and judge it with our own eyes then for F..k sake,chillout.

14. VLishes

VLishes BaZMeG

Members Ride:
    VS Calais SII
    Oh please, it's name calling full stop, lighthearted or not.

15. VLishes

VLishes BaZMeG

Members Ride:
    VS Calais SII
    It's cool man, I'm over it, I agree there is some good and bad stuff coming from Asia, same with Europe, some of the Mercs now are too plasticy and fall apart......... Sun Kwon - Yoon-jin Kim from Lost is from Sth Korea and she is hot! and of good quality. >>;]

16. 392RWkwSS

392RWkwSS New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Exec S2
    hahaha i love it. that is sooo true beautiful specimen of female she is

17. Full Spectrum

Full Spectrum Bro it's a VW your Audi!

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    I think all computers are Asian specialities:D They have good reputations in building things and it's smart for holden to get the same built product for cheaper helps us more when it's finished on sale, It could be the difference between the base being $34,000 or $37,000:D

18. Ballport1998vt

Ballport1998vt New Member

Members Ride:
    1998 vt Exec S1 3.8ecotec
    Oh bich bitch bitch. You people make me sick.

the car will get heavier but holden will make up for the fueal consumption. If you havent noticed they have a new exhaust and we all know what that is going to do. SAVE ****ING FUEL.

You all think that holden are a bunch of dumb asses. They know about the fuel crisis thats why the built the Alloytec. The vz is just a test mule and they will find ways to refine the motor.

Holden has two versions of the Alloytec one low output( less fuel ) and one high output ( so expect to spend more on fuel)

wake up people you all complain but holden are listening

19. lew

lew Guest

doesn't the 190 use less fuel than the 172 just?
    I myself will reserve jugement on the VE until I see it in the flesh though I think i'll stick to my SV6 (which by the way is not a bad car at all)
    If I did have a beef with the VE it's because it'll make my ride out of date!!!!!!

20. Garth

Garth Your guess is as good as mine...... Staff Member

Members Ride:
    100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
    im gonna wait for the next one to come out before my judgment is passed, i didnt like the vn when it came out, i didnt like the vr when it came out, i didnt like the vt shape when it came out and i didnt like the vy shape when it came out. all 4 have grown on me with my fravorite now being the vt. so ill wait and see it first before i say it's **** or good