Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE secrets revealed

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The VE i feel wil be like the AU was for ford :(

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
VLishes said:
Totally missing the point, the VE probably has the most amount of cheap Asian parts out of all Commodores, yes, hence "keeping the cost down" = low quality, look at the Barina, it's not even a Holden (Opel), I still would prefer the older Barinas from Spain then Korea.

...and SlickHolden your just a stupid Holden fanboy, who can't take criticism.

If holden are getting parts from asian countries it does not mean that they will be bad quality.
Just because something is cheaper dosent mean its worse (do you drive around to find the most expensive petrol cause it just has to be better?).
And who cares if the barina is from Korea there doing pretty well in sales if you havent noticed the reason that holden use the barina is to compete in the light car sales the reason its cheap is because the materials are cheap but the commodore is not going to be 12 grand, it is a large car competing against other large cars and will still need to be competitive.
They will have to use the best materials forthe cheapest price it just makes sense.

...and you were the one who started with the stupid insults so grow up!!!

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
VLishes said:
Totally missing the point, the VE probably has the most amount of cheap Asian parts out of all Commodores, yes, hence "keeping the cost down" = low quality, look at the Barina, it's not even a Holden (Opel), I still would prefer the older Barinas from Spain then Korea.

and you can..........................?

F

foammedia

Older Barina's from Spain and Korea? last time I was in a Barina it was a Suzuki Swift :), not a bad little machine either, not up to the GTI weapon version Suziki Sold though

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
VLishes said:

Well not all the parts are Asian sourced. You are manly thinking Korea as it has a bad rep. Your problem is you listen to much to what gets said from the neighbours aunties dog friends butcher who sells meat to a guy that cleans holden windows at dealerships. (Chopper quote)
Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn.
When the Finnish product is released on the roads and more is known then have your 20c worth.

And i seen no criticism just rudeness in many of your words so i wont need the tissues just yet. You disabled rep i wonder why?:whistling
Oh and I'm a man not a boy;).:bop:
minux said:
The VE i feel wil be like the AU was for ford :(
They thought that with the VY.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
The VE will look more like "cars today" are looking, square sided and will not be very "unique looking" IMO, Holden will want to play it safe for now. Whats wrong with korean products? I bet the computer your using right now has most if not all of its parts from Korea. Majority of Electronics and stuff are made in Asia anyway. And its not like the previous and current model commodores have "quality" interiors anyway LOL

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
andrewmac said:
If holden are getting parts from asian countries it does not mean that they will be bad quality.

Yeah that is why the new Barina received 2 stars for safety. Nice one.

andrewmac said:
...and you were the one who started with the stupid insults so grow up!!!

Mate, open your eyes, re-read the thread, clearly it shows I didn't start the insults.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
shiatan said:
and you can..........................?

Sure I can, nothing like the sweet sound of rustling feathers in a forum.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
ucwepn said:
The VE will look more like "cars today" are looking, square sided and will not be very "unique looking" IMO, Holden will want to play it safe for now. Whats wrong with korean products? I bet the computer your using right now has most if not all of its parts from Korea. Majority of Electronics and stuff are made in Asia anyway. And its not like the previous and current model commodores have "quality" interiors anyway LOL

Nothing wrong with SOME Korean products, my pc is mostly Chinese/Taiwanese, which I have no choice in. Anyways all Commodores don't scream quality, you get what you'd paid for, so everyonew to their own.

Last edited:

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
VLishes said:
Yeah that is why the new Barina received 2 stars for safety. Nice one.

So what the barina that comes from korea has a bad saftey rating , i said just because it comes from korea does not make it crap, you cant say that everything or even most things that come from korea are crap.
The new epica looks quite a nice car not cheap and nasty at all and thats a korean.

VLishes said:
Mate, open your eyes, re-read the thread, clearly it shows I didn't start the insults.
Read what i said.
I said you started with the "STUPID" insults "twat" is lighthearted "inbred" is STUPID!