Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sedan Focal System - Advice Please

dalesa11

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
I just got a quote for a focal system for my 2009 ve sedan. Could anyone please tell me if they think this is a good deal or if I should change something.

Everything is focal:

Front: 165A1 $ 265.00
Rear: 165CA1 $ 160.00
Amp: SOLID4 $ 350.00
Amp: SOLID1 $ 350.00
Sub x 2: 30A1 $200 each total $ 400.00
DUALPORTBOX $ 120.00

INSTALLATION CHARGES $ 465.00
MISC CABLING $ 95.00
AMP BOARD $ 66.00

TOTAL $2271 inc GST *Guy said he would dynamat the front and back as well for this price*

UPDATE

$2591 if I swap the fronts for 165v30's and rear for 165cvx

please let me know your thoughts on either option.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I like it, would sound very very very nice no doubt, have some bass behind it if you wanted. Sounds great mate, make sure they treat the front doors properly! Who is doing the install?

dalesa11

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Thanks for your reply, I definitely want the bass haha. Getting it done by Northfield here in Brisbane.
Do you think the second option would be the way to go? or just settle for the cheaper option?

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for your reply, I definitely want the bass haha. Getting it done by Northfield here in Brisbane.
Do you think the second option would be the way to go? or just settle for the cheaper option?

looks like a nice system, yes the 2nd option would be better but if the budget doesnt quite stretch far enough to go the 2nd option, you could always go halfway and just change the fronts to the 165v30's and keep the rears as the 165CA1

dalesa11

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
the guy said 85$ extra for the 165cvx in the rear and 235$ extra for the 165v30s so I think I will settle for the second option. I enjoy my music enough to justify the cost 0 in saying that does the price seem fair for the whole system including installation?
Thanks

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
For those guys it's a good deal mate, I've seen a lot of their installs online and it's very good, very quality install. You'll love it.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Will sound really good man, listened to a VE the other day with the same subs as those, sounded really nice, quick tight but loud bass, very different from all the car subs I have heard which are basically one tone and loud, these sound really good.
You won't be disappointed, the entry range focal stuff rivals top of the range stuff in other manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalesa11

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Thanks everyone,

Settled for

Front: 165V30
Rear: 165CVX
Amp: SOLID4
Amp: SOLID1
Sub x 2: 30A1
Dual sub box
Dynamat
Installation/cabling/amp board

$2500 inc gst

Hopefully getting it done this week so will be sure to post a review.

Zend3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Looks like a great system and I'm keen to see some pics (if you can get them) and your review.

I have a self installed Focal system and I'm a confessed Focal fanboy!

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
You wont regret the move to the v30's :D

Be sure to post up lots of pics! One thing, seriously consider an audio processor at some point, its going to be the difference between a great system and an amazing system, theres simply not enough adjustment on the ve head unit, its the downfall of my focal setup at the moment :(