Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE semi auto doesn't do anything

elmazri

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Holden VE SS-V
HI I have a VE SS and when i shift to semi auto, nothing happens the car drives as normal shifting automatically, it's as if it's in Drive.

Also, I can shift from park to drive and drive to reverse all without pressing the button on the Gear shift, is that normal? What's the point of the button if that's the case

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
If you shift to semi auto and don't either gear up or down it will change gears like it normally would if it was in D. When you do either gear up or down yourself it then gives you control. If you shift to semi auto and try and change gears and it doesn't then you have a problem.

Pretty sure you shouldn't be able to go further than neutral from Drive without pressing the button so something is wrong there.

elmazri

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Holden VE SS-V
If you shift to semi auto and don't either gear up or down it will change gears like it normally would if it was in D. When you do either gear up or down yourself it then gives you control. If you shift to semi auto and try and change gears and it doesn't then you have a problem.

Pretty sure you shouldn't be able to go further than neutral from Drive without pressing the button so something is wrong there.

I might have a problem then because when I shift up or down nothing happens and I can change the gear stick to any position without pressing the button

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
I might have a problem then because when I shift up or down nothing happens and I can change the gear stick to any position without pressing the button
Yep definitely a problem