Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series 1 Bluetooth

MITCHSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
So I recently got an iPhone 7 and it isn't connecting the my 2008 Series 1 SSV. I previously had an iPhone 6 and it connected fine with no issues at all. Today I tried my sister's iPhone 8, and it wouldn't connect either.

I am aware that these systems are limited to 5 or 6 devices. Does anyone know how to clear previous devices? I can't find any info for the series 1 units, only series 2.

Is there an update I can get from Holden to fix this or is the IQ system limited to not allow newer types of phones to connect?

Any help would be great.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The IQ head unit is BlueTooth 2 or 3.
Bluetooth devices are supposed to be backward compatible, however Apple isn’t so great with that. Sometimes an Android with Bluetooth 5 will connect no worries.

Because Holden have more or less abandoned the IQ headunits and don’t produce updates or regular map updates. The IQ headunits aren’t going to have updatable Bluetooth unless you are an electronics genius.

The series 1 had a separate Bluetooth module up behind the glove box. I guess with some electronics know how, someone could drop a Bluetooth 5 module in on a series 1 but that would be way outside the skills of normal people.

Maybe look at dropping the IQ unit. Retro fit a series one set up/trim, an after market headunit and have all the modern fruit on it.