Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 1 upgrade to Series 2 IQ Headunit

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a 2006 VE Berlina which I am loving. I am really happy with the car overall, but something that I've always wanted in my cars is inbuilt GPS, so I am looking at upgrading the standard headunit to a series 2 IQ unit with GPS.

I know that JHP do the conversions, but their pricing is just ridiculous, looking at close to $3,000!!....

I'm hoping somebody on these forums might have had one of these conversions done to their car, and might know somewhere cheaper than JHP to get it done.

Any help would be great!

Cheers.

PS: I am located in Melbourne if that helps...

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
IQ conversions aren't cheap mate. You'll pay a few grand for the kit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Search down a bit lower for a thread called alpine v iq. Should find what you need there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Search down a bit lower for a thread called alpine v iq. Should find what you need there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, yeah I've read that thread but can't find anything about sourcing an IQ system cheaper than JHP. Yes, there was an ebay link, but that item is now finished, and they were located in NSW.

Would also prefer the stock look, so I'd rather the IQ over the alpine.

Guess I'll have to go with JHP if I decide to get it done...

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Go to the last page of VEO55's thread.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=216795

He has done a pretty nifty mod so his s1 ssv radio has a touchscreen GPS which integrates with the factory setup.

There are links to websites which give you a bit more info. I'm very keen on doing it but it sounds a bit involved in that you need to know your way around electronics. Have a read and if you make any headway share the info with me! Haha

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
[md]#40;2515071 said:
Hey, yeah I've read that thread but can't find anything about sourcing an IQ system cheaper than JHP. Yes, there was an ebay link, but that item is now finished, and they were located in NSW.

Would also prefer the stock look, so I'd rather the IQ over the alpine.

Guess I'll have to go with JHP if I decide to get it done...

At last check there was an iq unit on eBay for 700 doesn't look in great shape though

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Go to the last page of VEO55's thread.
VEO55 - SS-V Ute

He has done a pretty nifty mod so his s1 ssv radio has a touchscreen GPS which integrates with the factory setup.

There are links to websites which give you a bit more info. I'm very keen on doing it but it sounds a bit involved in that you need to know your way around electronics. Have a read and if you make any headway share the info with me! Haha

Hmmm, looks a fair bit too complicated for me haha.

At last check there was an iq unit on eBay for 700 doesn't look in great shape though

Yeah I noticed that one. Decent price considering it comes with the trim and most cables, but then I'd still need somebody to code the VIN to the headunit and install it all (not keen on doing it myself). Once I factor that all in it may just be worth getting it done at JHP for $1867 (still bloody expensive), I've given up on getting the GPS unit, not paying $3,000 for it!

Thanks for the help everyone anyway.

Blackened

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SS
Sorry to hijack but don't want to start another thread yet? Can you put sat nav on an iq that doesn't have sat nav?

Blackened

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SS
i've looked there just confused the **** out of me tbh