Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve series 1 v6

VT clown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Me and my son have a series 1 v6 ve problem is we have cleaned the motor and radiator out and we are still getting dirty water and loosing a little bit can't find any leaks and there is no signs of head gasket gone in water and oil was clean when we dropped it as well it doesn't heat up on the gauge either any help would be great as it's our daily driver

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Try testing the radiator cap for fluid loss.buy a genuine one if faulty.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Try testing the radiator cap for fluid loss.buy a genuine one if faulty.
The easy way to tell is if the radiator loses coolant but the overflow bottle stays full. My car was doing this so changed the cap with a genuine Holden cap and all good again… until the heater hose started leaking! Being a pressurised system you can end up chasing your tail fixing leaks for a while until they are all sorted.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Me and my son have a series 1 v6 ve problem is we have cleaned the motor and radiator out and we are still getting dirty water and loosing a little bit can't find any leaks and there is no signs of head gasket gone in water and oil was clean when we dropped it as well it doesn't heat up on the gauge either any help would be great as it's our daily driver
My SSV had a slow leak from the heater hose and it took me a while to find it as the leaking coolant was getting absorbed into the fibreglass sound deadener on the firewall so there wasn’t any visible leak but I could smell the coolant and I was loosing coolant so I knew it was leaking.

It wasn’t until it got a bit worse and dripped onto the rocker cover after running down the heater hose that I finally figured out where it was coming from.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Dirty coolant? By that do you mean oil/milkshake in the coolant?