Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 Key Issues

Vs-AclaimII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2
Hi all,

So, my issue now is, ever since, I've replaced the shell on my flip key, I changed the blank key and installed the key from my old flip key. And now the car won't start. I've tried to re-program the key however no luck at all. Any thoughts on how I would overcome the barrier?

lmoengnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
There will be a transponder chip somewhere in the original shell, that needs to be in the new shell.
There are threads in the VE forum about this. Do a search.

Vs-AclaimII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2
There will be a transponder chip somewhere in the original shell, that needs to be in the new shell.
There are threads in the VE forum about this. Do a search.
What I have done is, I removed the remote part from the damaged flip key and installed it into the new one. So, in other words I have swapped everything around.

I have done my research, (extensively) and cannot find anything otherwise I wouldn't be posting this.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I think lmoengnr was trying to explain to you, there is more in a VE Key Head change-over than just the circuit board,
Thats great you have done your research extensively, but you don't need to be rude about it.
As lmoengnr mentioned, there is also a Chip that needs to be removed from the old Flip Key Head,
and removed carefully if its a non flip key,
Where in the Flip Key, it is located adjacent the hinge of the key blade.

Attachments

Last edited:

Vs-AclaimII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2
I think lmoengnr was trying to explain to you, there is more in a VE Key Head change-over than just the circuit board,
Thats great you have done your research extensively, but you don't need to be rude about it.
As lmoengnr mentioned, there is also a Chip that needs to be removed from the old Flip Key Head,
and removed carefully if its a non flip key,
Where in the Flip Key, it is located adjacent the hinge of the key blade.

Hey guys, I wasn't trying to be rude and if I was, I apologise.

I found the issues it was missing the transponder from the flip key so, I ended up just ordering a transponder which I had installed and sort out. Thanks guys.