Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 Rear End Conversion

trevrey1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 SS-V Commodore
HI Guys,

So i have decided it is time to change the appearance of my car (i own it out right now so yay for me :)) and the original SV6 body kit is not that appealing to me.

I wanted to change the body kit style on my SV6 to that of a GTS E2/E3. Now i have already found a place in Melbourne that sells front end conversion kits and the fender flares however i am struggling to find anywhere or even any information on the process of converting an SV6 rear end to a GTS rear end.

Really hoping that someone can point me in the right direction as to where i could perhaps purchase a rear end conversion kit and it would also be great to talk to anyone who has done this before so i can learn about any of the hidden trick that may prevent me getting the old bar off and the new one on

Thanks in advance guys:)

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Pretty sure you just need the rear bar and tail lights and just swap them over but there is probably more to it so don't quote me
The rear bumper is moulded to fit will the tail lights since the clubsport ones are different shape at the bottom
Note that Clubsport tail lights will set you back over $1000 due their rarity..

It might be possible to take a r8 bumper to a panel beater and see if they can reshape the top bits where the lights sit to be squared off to fit the regular square VE lights.. would be a lot of work though and wouldn't be cheap. That's if you don't wanna spend 1200 on r8 lights

trevrey1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 SS-V Commodore
Pretty sure you just need the rear bar and tail lights and just swap them over but there is probably more to it so don't quote me
The rear bumper is moulded to fit will the tail lights since the clubsport ones are different shape at the bottom
Note that Clubsport tail lights will set you back over $1000 due their rarity..

It might be possible to take a r8 bumper to a panel beater and see if they can reshape the top bits where the lights sit to be squared off to fit the regular square VE lights.. would be a lot of work though and wouldn't be cheap. That's if you don't wanna spend 1200 on r8 lights

Happy to spend the 1200 on the r8 lights and bar. I like the look of the gts rear end and am wanting to replicate that.

Just with the tail lights do they mount to the chasis differently? Or do they come with a backing plate that sits in the factory sv6 housing?

Cheers