Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve series 2 reverse camera

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by lou1, Dec 18, 2012.

1. nitro91

nitro91 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve ssv
    Yeh fair enough, makes sense.

2. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    Hi, can any one help. I have ve11 sv6 sport wagon. I have purchased a sony ccd reverse cam and have connected and installed no problems. Took the car to Holden and they activated the camera for me $85.00. My problem is it works ok but I have 2 sets of guide lines, 1 from the camera and their must a set in the IQ software, is there a way to remove 1 set of guide lines. :bomb:

3. Zerone_V

Zerone_V New Member

Members Ride:
    Lexus IS350 (SL)
    There definitely is a way to do this, but I currently I cannot find anyone that knows how...
    DoubleDip (Ultimate Conversion Wiring) is currently looking in to this one for me.

(Originally my reverse camera displayed its own guidelines, and the IQ unit just had the Text overlay at the top).

This is how my reverse camera display looked before.
    [​IMG]

I have yet to upload an image of how it looks now, but the reverse camera image has the IQ guidelines, and the cameras guidelines.

From what I have been told, Holden is not even aware of this option ????

4. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    My writing overlay is at the bottom and my guide lines look more bold than your pic. May be the genuine holden camera has no guide lines.

5. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    My writing overlay is at the bottom and the guide lines are much bolder which is annoying. May be we need a cam with no guide lines.

6. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    A fix for this would be great. tried uploading a pic but only gives thr url option.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  7. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    2013-04-24-015.jpg 2 annoying sets of guide lines.

8. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    Some past rides

Attached Files:

9. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    my latest ride

Attached Files:

10. Zerone_V

Zerone_V New Member

Members Ride:
    Lexus IS350 (SL)
    Very very interesting...

Im guessing with your setup, the camera is producing the shorter guidelines (Overlaying these on to the composite signal, which is then sent to the IQ unit).
    And then the IQ unit is adding another overlay to the reverse camera video, (The longer guide lines).

Here is a picture of mine after I accidentally enabled the IQ guideline overlay.

[​IMG]

The problem that I have is I know how I enabled this, but I dont know what the settings were before I enabled this option, so I cant go back. (Until I find what was the previous setting).
    The good news is that now with your guideline image, I have something to look for.
    (I.E. we want to read settings from a VEII with a reverse camera that has the short guidelines).

This will mean that on this model, the camera will be generating the overlay, and the IQ unit will just be displaying the warning text. (Like my first image).

11. Zerone_V

Zerone_V New Member

Members Ride:
    Lexus IS350 (SL)
    Oh, just to add some more info with my setup.
    I am using a cheapy fleabay reverse camera, which is adding those thin guidelines with the 0.5m, 1.5m and 3.0m overlays.
    (Totally useless and typical chinese junk. why have the distances displayed, as they will always be totally wrong).

According to the above image, the 4 story units displayed are a little over 3m tall lol...

I will be getting my hands on a genuine VEII reverse camera, so I will see if it generates an overlay. (Which may rule out the possibility of getting a camera without the overlay). :(

12. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    I see what you mean. When you say you enabled the lines are you saying the lines enbeded in the iq software or the camera? My cam is a ccd cheapy $20.00 supposed to fit up to vz number plate lite job, happy with the pic, it's as good as my wifes factory one on her Subaru xv. Looking forward for some one to come up with a fix. Do you know if the factory cam has guide lines and how much they are and do you have to get it from a holden dealer. I would be happy if i could get the same cam as i have installed only with out the lines.

13. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    I see what you mean. When you say you enabled the lines are you saying the lines enbeded in the iq software or the camera? My cam is a ccd cheapy $20.00 supposed to fit up to vz number plate lite job, happy with the pic, it's as good as my wifes factory one on her Subaru xv. Looking forward for some one to come up with a fix. Do you know if the factory cam has guide lines and how much they are and do you have to get it from a holden dealer. I would be happy if i could get the same cam as i have installed only with out the lines.

14. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    All i can tell you is that the only settings i can find on my s11 is camera on/off

15. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    This is all i could find as far as settings go.

Attached Files:

16. Zerone_V

Zerone_V New Member

Members Ride:
    Lexus IS350 (SL)
    The cheapy cam that I have has the thin crappy lines as an overlay. There is no way to remove this on the camera side of things. (Without replacing the whole camera).
    The thicker and longer lines are generated by the IQ unit. These can be programmed (Not in the settings menu, you will need to know someone such as DoubleDip / Ultimate Wiring Conversions) to program the unit to enable or disable this setting.
    Though at the moment, we are still playing around to try and find how to disable the overlay. (As per my previous post, we now know how to enable it, just not disable it).

I'm also unsure how much the factory cam is from Holden. (There are a few parts that are needed including the cam, and wiring loom).
    I should be getting my hands on a factory cam within the next couple of days, so I will know then if it has the overlay or not.

17. black vy03

black vy03 New Member

Members Ride:
    ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
    When the holden dealer enabled my cam on the iq he did notice the double guide lines, are you saying that he could have disabled the overlay and still have the cam working, if so i am really p....d off. I thought that it was something permanent he could not change and i would just have to buy a genuine holden cam with no overlay. As far as the wiring i have a sport wagon and the wiring is in the tailgate (thanks again to silver sv6) for enlightening us on that one, so will i still need extra loom wiring? I will look forward to your posts on the factory cam, when you hook it up to see if it has any reference lines.:beer chug:

18. benneth

benneth New Member

Hi Guys,

I just bought my 2010 VE Omega Series 2 and I'm wanting to install a reverse camera, so this thread has been fantastic!
    The problem is that I have called a couple of Holden Dealerships up here in Brisbane and have had them mention that they can't enable the reverse camera on the IQ system if it wasn't done at the factory. One service rep mentioned that because the Vin# wasn't issued with a reverse camera option they can't enable it through their scan tool.

Does anyone know of someone in Brisbane who can enable the reverse camera option?

Many thanks,

Ben.

19. doubledip

doubledip Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
    Just go to Holden. Find a different one. Reverse camera has nothing to do with vin number

20. Shm1ck

Shm1ck New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Thunder Ute
    I'm pretty sure it is a factory option, to get it now you would have to replace the whole IQ system I think, don't quote me on that! Same as if you wanted to get sat nav, you have to replace the IQ unit