Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve series 2 reverse camera

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Yep I think that should work, Zerone_V will know for certain.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Ok, JHP sells a video connector for the IQ unit.

image.php

The connector is on the pricey side (Over $100 with shipping), but at the moment its the only option out there (Unfortunately).

The video connector includes 2 RCA connectors, 1 for Reverse Cam, the other for RSE.
There is also a second connector for RSE Audio input, which replaces one of the connectors on the Main IQ quadlock connector.

As for connecting it all up, this connector makes it very simple, and its just a matter of connecting power to the camera (From the reverse lights), and connecting the cameras Video RCA connector to the above connector.
(And also enabling the Reverse Camera on the headunit).

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Also, the above eBay camera will work.
I purchased a cheapy one which fits the Sedan chrome camera trim perfectly. (It does not need cutting, and the camera site nice and snug in the trim).

I will know more when I try and fit it all up this weekend.
image.php
image.php

image.php

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
thanks Zerone_V and BigBoss

$100 is a bit rich for a cable, espescially on top of getting the rear camera activated. I doubt ill be employing JHP's services anytime soon.

As for now, i might just have a go at getting doubledip to engage the rear camera on the IQ and then try soldering the unit cables on, see if i can get away with a rear camera for under a couple hundred bucks.

thanks for everyones help, i hope we can all start getting a rear camera at a reasonable price :)

nitro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
i asked doubledip and he said he can give the connector for IQ like above, and also enable the rear camera option for $350.

I live in sydney so i will be doing that when i can, he said you can also mail your iq unit to him.

well worth it in my opinion!

also nice website you got there zerone, i have a few tutorials bookmarked, didnt know you run the place

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah let us know how you go mate, ill just drive up and see him as im not game with pulling my iq unit out and need the car for daily driving.

what sort of camera are you gunna use nitro91?

nitro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
i just bought a ccd one off ebay for $40. should do the trick i'd say.

pictures look alright and it mentions night vision, not sure how effective though.

I think all the cameras are the same besides shapes and looks ccd/cmos, unless you want to spend a lot more maybe there are HD ones, but what for?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
ohk, is it PAL/NTSC compatible like Zerone_V mentioned?

like i said i have the one i linked above, i wasnt to worried about night vision (thats what my HID reverse lights are for lol) and i hooked my camera up to my 42" tv just to test it out.

surprisingly enough the picture on it wasnt to bad, obviously not HD but when its gunna be on a 6" (if thats the iq size) screen then itll be fine, bonus is that it has a guideline overlay with green to yellow to red as it sits closer to the car. not bad for $12