Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve series 2 reverse camera

daggmano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Omega
Yep, this thread is getting old... but still interesting. Just picked up a VEII Omega, would love to get reversing camera on it. I know this may be getting too techy, but is there any way to enable the camera myself through ODB? I'm a software developer so the technical stuff is fine, I am just interested if it's possible and where to look...

Last edited:

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep SRT8, WM Caprice, VE Wagon
Shout out to double dip or any of the other tech boys, after doing the wagon I've upgraded the wm to IQ also...now here's the difference the wm reversing camera has different wiring colours. Does anyone have the pinouts for wm?

At the cam plug on spare WM camera I have : light green, light blue, white, black, pink and red .
At the plug on the camera fitted to original WN mould I have : 2x black, white, brown, yellow and a red.
Cheers in advance!

Todd

Last edited:

OmegaWS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GXP
Could anyone confirm the boot harness wiring or terminology?

From doubledip:
Black - earth
Pink/Blue - 12v ign (or reverse lights)
Lt Green - reverse lights
Pink - video signal
Blue - video common (-)

Is the camera looking for a constant 12V (pnk/blu) then an additional 12V (lt. grn) when the camera needs to be active? do all of the black wires need to be grounded?

Thanks