Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 sports wagon Speaker upgrade IQ stereo

speedyantz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Sportswagon
Hi I was just wondering I am going too replace the speakers in my commodore but have the new Holden IQ stereo.... Has anyone seen weather these have RCA outputs or have removed this unit and I am assuming the speaker wire locations will be the same as the older VE .. Any help would be great thanks in advance....

Adamski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Ute
G'day mate,

I have a Series 2 SV6 Ute which I am currently installing a Stinger LLLC, MB Quart amp, Cadence sub and Kicker splits into. The new iQ head unit is placed a little higher up in the dash than the series 1 so getting to the speaker wires is a little more difficult. No RCA's that I could find unfortunately. Pretty easy to make your own with a converter though!

Cheers,

Adam.

pooley79

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Series 2 Ute

Welsh-Ste

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 S2 Sportwagon
Ive just had an amp,active sub and speaker upgrade in series 2 sportwagon and used an AudioControl LC6i LOC and it works perfectly with no sound loss or distortion.Google this converter and see what you think although it is a bit bigger than other LOCS so i've got mine under the passenger seat with the amp under the driver's seat.