Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 Sportswagon, shudder above 125km/h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin The Bear

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega Sportswagon VE Series-2
I recently bought a VE Series 2 Sportswagon Compliance 04/2011 with 65000km. I recently got it on the F3 north of Sydney and found that above 125km/h, it was a low frequency shudder, almost as if a rear window was open. It was damn awful. Dropped back in speed and all OK. Everytime > 125km, the shudder would start. I note that there are discussions of Torque Converter issues. Does this sound like torque converter of what? I assume I have 1 year warranty to go?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Last time i checked the speed limit was well under 125km/h..

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Why are you driving at over 125km on a public road?

edit- beat me to it sabbath

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
abnormal wear on the rear tyres or balance issue. Start with that.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Welcome Colin. Going by your User name maybe your in law enforcement "Bear"?

Anyways, yer I go looking at Tyres first as Hexem stated. You can normally determine if the vibes are at wheel rotation frequency by just feeling the vibes.
If you rule out tyres, then look at wheels then driveline and so on.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Yeah whatever, everyone's driven at 125km/h at some point. Since we'll probably never get high speed autobarns, I totally support just pretending we have them.

Most likely issue would be wheels out of balance. If it's the front you'll feel it through the steering wheel hard. If it's the rear it might get better or worse as you get on or off the throttle?

Otherwise could it just be wind around mirrors? Roor racks? Etc? Aerodynamics are something that come into play at higher speeds. Try and narrow it down by opening your windows and listening or feeling for where it might be coming from.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Don't understand why people are wasting their time posting solutions to a problem that only occurs once the vehicle is above the posted speed limit. Easiest and cheapest way to solve the issue is going to be by not speeding. :rolleyes:

If you take it to Holden and tell them it only happens over 125, they're not going to test it because they can't. Unless you want to put a tech in the car and go for a drive with you at the wheel until the issue happens.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Pretty sure on the open road over taking a b-double most cars would reach or even exceed 125km/h. Its not abnormal at all.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some people on here need to chill the f$&@ out. So you've never driven over the speed limit? Pfft. If you don't have an answer to his question why not keep your opinions to yourself. Sounds like some sort of balance issue. Have any wheel weights come off?

Status
Not open for further replies.