Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 Sportswagon, shudder above 125km/h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Pretty sure on the open road over taking a b-double most cars would reach or even exceed 125km/h. Its not abnormal at all.

I don't agree with that at all. Assuming the B-Double is limited to 100km/h I see no reason why you would ever have to go 25km/h over the speed of the vehicle you are passing to get around it if you are doing it safely.

The speed limit shouldnt be exceeded at anytime, an if you get pulled over doing 125km/h and try the "I was overtaking" excuse, you will not win. 105km/h maybe on a 100 road or 115/h on a 110km/h road.

Just remember, the OP said speeds "above" 125 so we have no idea how fast this peanut was topping out at.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't agree with that at all. Assuming the B-Double is limited to 100km/h I see no reason why you would ever have to go 25km/h over the speed of the vehicle you are passing to get around it if you are doing it safely.

The speed limit shouldnt be exceeded at anytime, an if you get pulled over doing 125km/h and try the "I was overtaking" excuse, you will not win. 105km/h maybe on a 100 road or 115/h on a 110km/h road.

Just remember, the OP said speeds "above" 125 so we have no idea how fast this peanut was topping out at.

You must live an exciting life mate.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
just so were clear i hit like 140+ when overtaking i drop it back to third and just smash it lol

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Don't understand why people are wasting their time posting solutions to a problem that only occurs once the vehicle is above the posted speed limit. Easiest and cheapest way to solve the issue is going to be by not speeding. :rolleyes:

If you take it to Holden and tell them it only happens over 125, they're not going to test it because they can't. Unless you want to put a tech in the car and go for a drive with you at the wheel until the issue happens.

You're kidding right? If there is a mechanical problem which only become easily noticeable at 125km/h (wear and tear, wheel balance, alignment etc.) it does not necessarily "go away" at a lower speed, it could just be making it less noticeable in the short term.

The OP noticed a problem which shouldn't be there and he's doing the right thing to try and resolve it becomes a bigger issue. Your piss poor attitude isn't really helping

Stig

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Z Series
Typical Dumb Ass Australian answers concerning Speed.How many times do we get to a Passing Lane and one car Pulls out to Pass.Oh no I'm at 101Kmh so I will sit beside you then Pull in Behind you when the Lane Ends....PASS with Foot down or Dont Pass at ALL...Obviously a lot here haven't been out of OZ.....:upyours:

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I wonder if the replies on this thread would have been much different if the op had said he reached 125Km/Hr on a track, instead of on the road ?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
You're kidding right? If there is a mechanical problem which only become easily noticeable at 125km/h (wear and tear, wheel balance, alignment etc.) it does not necessarily "go away" at a lower speed, it could just be making it less noticeable in the short term.

The OP noticed a problem which shouldn't be there and he's doing the right thing to try and resolve it becomes a bigger issue. Your piss poor attitude isn't really helping

How exactly is my attitude "piss poor"?? I simply, and correctly stated that the easiest and cheapest way to solve the issue he is getting ONLY at speeds above 125km/h would be to not go above those speeds. Seems pretty logical and was more of a pisstake than anything.

Start a thread and brag about how you speed at 125km/h and you'll get shut down. Bring up that you notice an issue possibly with your slushbox and people are happy to help?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Typical Dumb Ass Australian answers concerning Speed.How many times do we get to a Passing Lane and one car Pulls out to Pass.Oh no I'm at 101Kmh so I will sit beside you then Pull in Behind you when the Lane Ends....PASS with Foot down or Dont Pass at ALL...Obviously a lot here haven't been out of OZ.....:upyours:

Off topic rant about overtaking is off topic :s

Status
Not open for further replies.