Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 Sportswagon, shudder above 125km/h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Everyone stop being derps and answer the question.

Ok. Take it to a mechanic who has access to a wheel balancer and a dyno. Balancer to check the balance, and a dyno so they can get the drivetrain atleast to 125km/h without breaking any laws. Won't tell you anything about what happens through the front wheels or suspension at those speeds.

Since your question is regarding such high speeds I doubt anybody here has the exacting answer you could need.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Oh piss of Sabbath stop acting like god's good grace, who cares if he is going over the speed limit?

We've all done it.
We all do it.
We all continue to do it.

This forum is for advice, I think the OP is well aware that it is against the law.

I don't think I've seen you post 1 helpful comment since I joined this forum 5 years ago, all you do is annoy people.

####, time for a drink.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I would say your wheels need to be balanced. I had a shudder above 220 and it was a slight imbalance. Easy fixed.

Speeding doesn't kill, stupid people doing stupid things without thinking first kill.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh piss of Sabbath stop acting like god's good grace, who cares if he is going over the speed limit?

We've all done it.
We all do it.
We all continue to do it.

This forum is for advice, I think the OP is well aware that it is against the law.

I don't think I've seen you post 1 helpful comment since I joined this forum 5 years ago, all you do is annoy people.

####, time for a drink.

Oh look, the forum wet blanket is here. And he's run out of tissues again.

You dont find my posts helpful? Well that's entirely your problem, not mine. I could counter that and say i havent seen one of your posts where you havent been having a giant sook about something, or somebody. How is cluttering up the OP's thread with your opinion on another member constructive in any way?

If you want to have a sook, that's fine enough, and i've got plenty of time to listen to it. I deal with immature people all day at work so coming home and listening to one more whinger isnt going to hurt.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Oh look, the forum wet blanket is here. And he's run out of tissues again.

You dont find my posts helpful? Well that's entirely your problem, not mine. I could counter that and say i havent seen one of your posts where you havent been having a giant sook about something, or somebody. How is cluttering up the OP's thread with your opinion on another member constructive in any way?

If you want to have a sook, that's fine enough, and i've got plenty of time to listen to it. I deal with immature people all day at work so coming home and listening to one more whinger isnt going to hurt.

Sure, a very small percentage of my posts are targeting the circlejerk members of this forum, but if you compare my posts to yours you'll find I actually offer advice.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sure, a very small percentage of my posts are targeting the circlejerk members of this forum, but if you compare my posts to yours you'll find I actually offer advice.

I havent got time to sit around comparing who makes more posts worthwhile than the other person. Maybe one night when you're sitting at home alone you could work it out for us. Im sure we're all dieing to know what percentage of posts you make are awesome.

Back to the OP's problem:

What tyres are you running? I seem to remember something about the trans crossmember and some added weight, but that could have been only on the series one, been a while since i played with one of these. Best thing will be to take it to Holden and get them to run through any reworks there might be that match your symptoms. Just be aware that with the speed that you're suggesting, they wont be able to test it to that limit so finding an issue might become a long process.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I suggest why no take the vehicle to maximum speed and see what happens ! If you don't get wiped out by a mechanical failure you will at least know that it wasn't a serious mechanical fault. As some brain-dead, irresponsible people might say ' It's only illegal if you get caught' !!

Last edited:

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I havent got time to sit around comparing who makes more posts worthwhile than the other person. Maybe one night when you're sitting at home alone you could work it out for us. Im sure we're all dieing to know what percentage of posts you make are awesome.

Back to the OP's problem:

What tyres are you running? I seem to remember something about the trans crossmember and some added weight, but that could have been only on the series one, been a while since i played with one of these. Best thing will be to take it to Holden and get them to run through any reworks there might be that match your symptoms. Just be aware that with the speed that you're suggesting, they wont be able to test it to that limit so finding an issue might become a long process.

So as soon as someone stands up to your c*ntishness you decide you actually want to help? Wow no surprise there.

Go back to your normal self, offering advice just isn't your thing mate.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
So as soon as someone stands up to your c*ntishness you decide you actually want to help? Wow no surprise there.

Go back to your normal self, offering advice just isn't your thing mate.
Sigh, you really are pathetic arent you. Stop going offtopic.

Status
Not open for further replies.