Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 Sportswagon, shudder above 125km/h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Warranty doesnt mean squat when you break the law, let's say you take it to a Holden dealer and ask them to check the Torque Converter, they take it for a test drive and I know they will give her a bit, but not go over the posted speed limit.
They will return it and ask you how you noticed the problem, and there comes the delima, you tell them and they will hand your keys back and send you on your way.

Holden Dealers know if you have been flogging your car and they will not honor warranty if you be a dumbass

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I had a similar problem develop at 110k, after a series of hot highway runs, did all the above including this and other forums, Holden Roadside (RACQ), Beaurepaires, changed tanny oil, JAX alignment and balance, diff lappers before resorting to stealership.
Initial reluctance was due to my rear wheel adaptors being regarded by all as being close to the Devil's own handy work, which then got me freaked about hassle of major issues with drivetrain warranty and contemplated reinstalling original intake, MAF, headers and reflash gearbox and ecu.
Clunk got worse pretty quickly all experts said diff under warranty, bit bullet and stealership found and fixed problem within an hour - prop bolt came loose and sheared - warranty replacement.
Go to Holden dealer.
To see my stoopidity in more detail here's the original thread: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=209250

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.