Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve series 2 ss supercharger

sickooli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2
Hi guys, seriously considering putting on a supercharger, can someone please advise me which one would be ideal for the ve as I've been looking at 2300 harrop, also does whipple have a supercharger for L77 motor and what do you recommened, safe motoring guys cheers.

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
have a look at the VCM Suit website

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the L77 engine is the same as the L76, the only difference is the L77 is able to run on the bio and ethanol fuel...
If that's correct, whatever superchargers suit the L76 engine, should fit the L77 engine...
As previously stated, check out the VCM website, or even the Harrop website, that should tell you what motor the superchargers suit.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
I've seen very good results from the HTV 1900 blowers(a mate made 440rwkw with a 224/230 cam on his ve ss, and another mate 382rwkw on his ls3 senator A6 with stock cam), so it just depends on what you want out the car/engine.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
do you have a good relationship with a Performance shop yet? Ask for their opinions. Ask them to show you results of cars they have done. You may read on here great things about a certain product, but does it suit the mods in your car? Is what they had exactly what you want.

I haven't done a supercharger simply because of price. So I therefore know you shouldnt rush into it. But I have done heaps of research for the day when I can get blown.....

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
If you opt for a 1900, it's a strait bolt on item, no other mods needed and to be frank, most mechanics prefer to do a blower than a cam....it's an easier job.

If you got for a 2300, you'll will most likely need to install a second fuel pump (will run out of juice at top end on one pump usually), will probably have to change some internals too.

Re Harrop v Whipple...if you opt for a Harrop, you can still retain an OTRCAI, whereas the Whipple has a rear inlet for the O2 so no OTR.

Do the research then go and speak to a few good shops and get their opinions about what they think will besr suit for your intended need.

Good luck.