Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 USB DEVICE ERROR

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I suffered from this issue and others with my USB stick. Holden fitted a whole new iQ and internal box with new updated firmware, still did it. I went and changed the brand of USB stick and its been fine ever since.

I have been thinking I may need to re-format my USB and then put the music back on it and see is that works. But this sounds like another idea too.

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
I suffered from this issue and others with my USB stick. Holden fitted a whole new iQ and internal box with new updated firmware, still did it. I went and changed the brand of USB stick and its been fine ever since.
Holy ****. If you are right about just changing the brand of the usb stick and my problem goes away i will personally kiss your behind LOL.
Also, bad luck on the fitting of the new iq, unless it was done under warranty. Cheers for the reply mate.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Umm not sure on the kissing bit!!!... Guess I'm lucky there is some distance between us!

My car is still under factory warranty (6 years, 100,000klm) so all paid for by Holden.

I was using a Lexar usb stick and for some reason suffered these issues. I tried formatting the device with different formats and it made no difference.

This is the one I use now -- SanDisk 32GB Cruzer Fit USB Flash Drive at $43.16 in 32GB USB comes in 8, 16, 32GB versions.

It is tiny and perfect due to its super low profile when plugged into the usb port in the centre console

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
So time has past, i have been using the sandisk 32gb cruzer and the usb device error is less frequent, but it happens still every now and again. Still not sure why. ahhhh