Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve series 2 ute leaking water

chad1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ute manual
Btw how many people have had this problem? is it common?

SXC_AY

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have this problem aswell. 3 week old series 2 sv6.

went to 2 dealers today and apart from the worst customer service iv ever encountered, it is booked in for the 25th as all their loaner cars are booked out till then.
2 weeks wait is just more damage that they are going to have to fix...i couldnt even get a technician to look at it to see the problem, just had to deal with the arrogant service desk assholes...

Maybe the battery will get soaked, the electrics will fry, and i will just laugh when i give holden back a broken car, that they could have prevented. (i understand they are busy, but they could have spared 1 technician for 5 mins to see what is going on)

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
I have this problem aswell. 3 week old series 2 sv6.

went to 2 dealers today and apart from the worst customer service iv ever encountered, it is booked in for the 25th as all their loaner cars are booked out till then.
2 weeks wait is just more damage that they are going to have to fix...i couldnt even get a technician to look at it to see the problem, just had to deal with the arrogant service desk assholes...

Maybe the battery will get soaked, the electrics will fry, and i will just laugh when i give holden back a broken car, that they could have prevented. (i understand they are busy, but they could have spared 1 technician for 5 mins to see what is going on)

I cant believe after making this model and bodyshape for 5 years or so that things like this can happen and and ruin someones new car and the joy if having it, unbelievable.....

SXC_AY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe the battery will get soaked, the electrics will fry

i forgot to knock on wood when i said that...
instrument panel has become temperamental, works sometimes, usually doesnt - no speedo or anything.

lucky its booked in for tuesday..

Shmick vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz s ute.
Hey guys i have a similar problem, got a series 2 ss ute that leaks whenever it rains. The water comes out the bottom of the dash and makes a pool of water in the drivers side footwell, car now has wet carpets constantly and stinks like a wet dog. Bit dissapointed the cars not yet 3 months old , its booked in at holden next week hope things get sorted.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
man reading these stories makes me feel bloody lucky i haven't had any problems like this yet, only thing with my car is the drivers seat makes a squeaking noise occasionally.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
man reading these stories makes me feel bloody lucky i haven't had any problems like this yet, only thing with my car is the drivers seat makes a squeaking noise occasionally.

Keep an eye on that. I've had the driver's seat replaced twice. Started out with a squeak.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
Don't even bother taking it up with Holden Customer care - from my experience, they're a pack of complete no-hopers. Take it straight back to the dealer and make sure they deal with the fkn issue. That's just fkn retarded!
sounds like you may seen some of the people that work at Holden here in Adelaide, PMSL.

Hammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute s2
oh bugger me too

it appears i am not the only one here..
i too have just dropped my new ssv ute off at the dealer, i had it leaking on passenger side behind seat, appeared to be coming in from around the rear window or seals, i was kinda lucky i noticed it very early, and was able to pull the rubber grommet out that the battery has near it for its overflow to drain all the water, i am not expecting this vehicle back for at least a week, as i have told them not only do i expect it repaired but they will be replacing the carpet and underlay. if you are not happy with the service they give you take it up with the accc, the good news is if anyone buys anything from now on, theyhave changed to rules and you can actually ask for a replacement or complete refund. unfortunately i got mine 1 week before chrismas so i just have to go through the motions, until they do not deliver satisfaction only then can i act.

iluvnorks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY & 2013 Ford Ranger 4X4

Mines doing the same, few squeaks here and there.