Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve series 2 ute leaking water

chad1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ute manual
hi guys.
im new to this forum and i really need your help.

2 days ago i picked up my brand new ute but now i have a major problem.
i took the car for a wash yesturday and today i have found that i have water everywhere on the drivers side inside the car. everything is drenched in water. even the seat rails have rust all over them.
i have tried to find where the leak is comming from but the only place i could think of is the seal between the plastic tub and the rear window.
anyone had this problem before?
thanks

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
hi guys.

i took the car for a wash yesturday and today i have found that i have water everywhere on the drivers side inside the car. everything is drenched in water. even the seat rails have rust all over them.
i have tried to find where the leak is comming from but the only place i could think of is the seal between the plastic tub and the rear window.
thanks

Hi Mate,

I have a ute and only when i hammer the door area with hose i get a tiny bit near the foot well, sounds like you have a a dodgy as seal as far as i can figure, whatever the case but
take it back to where you got it ASAP, If rust has formed also electrics could short etc

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
hi guys.

thanks

Hi Mate,

I have a ute and only when i hammer the door area with hose i get a tiny bit near the foot well, sounds like you have a a dodgy as seal as far as i can figure, whatever the case but
take it back to where you got it ASAP, If rust has formed also electrics could short etc

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
mate i suggest you take it straight back to the stealership. thats what warranty is for. and dont let them give you the run around.

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
My dad and I have series 1 MY10s both with this problem, on mine it was the seal around the back window leaking down the back and soaking the battery and carpets. On my dad's it was the back window plus the expanding foam joining the body panels under the carpet just near the drivers seat belt anchor point.
Its a warranty issue, they should fix it no questions asked. They will keep the car overnight. Possibly 2 depending on the source of the leak.
Good luck.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
hi guys.

that's all you needed to type.
back to dealer mate.... i wouldnt stuff about trying to fix it yourself. too many issues can arise in the future with water damage and the like, and having this on the service record will only aid you later on.

chad1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ute manual
I have just found that the water is coming through the body joining above the jack. Because the car is still new, could I ask for another new car?

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Yes you could ask, but I'm sure you know what the answer would be!

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
I have just found that the water is coming through the body joining above the jack. Because the car is still new, could I ask for another new car?

No, this is what happened to my dads car. The dealer will strip your interior out and send your car away to have it resealed. Expect it to be gone for about 2 days. When you get it back, check your seat belt anchor point, when my dad got his back, they reassembled the bush backwards then overtightened it and crushed it and made the seat belt all wobbly. Got that fixed under warranty too!

My dads jack was all rusted they didn't even replace that.