Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve series 2

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The exterior changes are very subtle!! The only differences I can pick on the SSV/SV6 are a slightly different front bar and the chrome boot garnish above the number plate!

The interior looks nice though. I don't mind those round vents at all. And the touch screen looks like fun.

Also, I see the V8's will be E85 compatible too. Anyone know if running E85 in the V8's will affect power output?

Power output should be roughly the same on E85 - but your fuel economy will be through the roof!

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Mmhmm. Just bought a Calais... and you know what? Dont regret it. New calais doesnt look as nice.

Also I dont mind the interior of mine. not that much better.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Anyone else think the Calais front end looks a bit too Daewoo? It's lost all the sharpness it used to have - and has adopted the Epica look. Mistake. Looks 'chubby', compared to the sharper lines of the current one.

I'm not against the subtle changes on the SS front end - but paint the whole freaking bar for Christ's sake!

YATSIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EQUIP
Paint

I agree why leave the bar unpainted! bloody hell, that bugs me the most.. Wonder if they would paint the bar on request for a fue extra $

I i prefer the series 1, at least the instrument display looks allot better on the series 2 though, i will give them that much.

Fog lights on the SV6/SS dont have the same agressive look.

Why they chose the round vents is beyond me...

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Yeah not a fan of the calais, the current ones are better, as stated, the holden badge cut in looks bleh.

And again, not a fan of the SSV looking same as an SV6. Can't beat an SSV though, it would be my pick.

YATSIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EQUIP
My guess would be the holden badge cuting in would be an attempt to stop the chevy badges replacing the holden ones so easy....might be wrong tho..

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
True, but usually don't see chev badged up calais'

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
poor effort by Holden. Nice screen, but that is about it.... As I said in another post, this does not make me want to buy this model over the current VE. Poor poor effort. also the front scoop has gone shithouse... where have all the agressive lines gone? IMO VE shits all over the VE2 exterior-wise.