Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series II air-conditioning has shut down.

SV6R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6
same thing happend in my SV6, coming home from powerplay, turned the aircon down and it just shut off, try turning it up and it would just keep going back to 0, the missus kept playing with it ( + - button that is ) :) and it eventually started working again....pretty shabby really, hope it dont happen again, glad ya got yours working jumpnut!!!

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
RiCeY...........you're 'THE MAN'

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I have a 2011 Series II Equipe Sportswagon which has given me nothing but grief since the day we purchased it. First off we had the engine warning light come on and off intermittently and I ended up going back to the service centre 4 times in total to get it resolved. I am getting very frustrated with everyone involved and the total and utter lack of customer support from the dealer, service centre and GM Holden themselves.

no , it will show dealers that their expensive product is pretty average, and customers shouldn't have to deal with their poor responses to constant problems...
three months is too long to sort out a fix....heaven forbid , having an expensive car designed and built in Australia ,parking it in the Australian sun....who would of thought that would happen.

Woah woah stop right there, Ive heard some silly things in my time, but highly trained and experienced holden service technicians...? Ive known a couple, wouldnt trust them with the task of putting milk back in the fridge let alone working on a vehicle....

Same thing happened to mine too, a stuck button. Took a few minutes to work it out though. Holden call these cars "quality"?

I dont understand what people expect.
Dont get me wrong, I'd be just as pissed off if my air con wasnt working like the OP's... but lets stop and think for second.
You're buying a $30 something thousand dollar large size family car. To be frank, that's very cheap- and it's certainly not supposed to compare with luxury Euro's or Japs, because for the same budget you'd get half a car.
Ok, buttons stick. Ok, service standards are sometimes sub par. Ok, there are little niggles that piss us all off. But I still reckon Holden have made a damn fine TO A PRICE POINT.

If you dont want any dramas, and you want super dooper sunshine up your nether regions customer service, you're going to have to pay for it.... and then even then, there's no 100% guarrantee that crap wont happen anyway.
Is Holden as good as BMW? No way. But is it as expensive? No way.

So just remember what you are paying folks before bagging out the VE too much. Money talks bullshit walks. If we all weren't such cheap skates in wanting a big car for so little, we'd be driving saloons from Audi or BMW or something.... and I bet if you go to a website forum for those makes they will be bitching about similar crap as well. Just be thankful we all made the right decision to not spend a stupid amount of hard earned cash on a car. Right? Yeah $30k is a lot of cash... but it's not $60k or $100k!

For the money, the VE is definitely the best car I've ever owned.... and I've had VW, Merc, Ford, Daihatsu, & Honda (2nd best car I've owned).

OP has issue resolved. Air con hasnt crapped itself as initially suspected. It was simply a sticking button. Should techies have known about the issue? Maybe. But have you been back to tell them the issue is resolved, so they can help out others who have same problem? It's a simple fix that a lot of people at Holden seem to not be aware of, and maybe someone should let them know. Thank god for Ricey being a member here.... the guy has come out with pearls of wisdom over and over again for years.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Thank god for Ricey being a member here.... the guy has come out with pearls of wisdom over and over again for years.

You know how to make a girl blush.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I dont understand what people expect.

LOL - We expect a car that just works and without faults. Did you forget Holden spent 1 Billion on the VE, that's right, 1 Billion big ones and still didn't get alot of it right. They are still going at it right now, how much more does one need to spend to develop a car?

Oh, my Mrs drives a 2006 Lancer, yes, it cost half of the Commodore and it gets treated poorly. Not one warranty claim, not one rattle and it still drives new after all this time (70,000kms on odometer). So bringing in money vs quality is a moot point that anyone would argue for years to come.

Trouble with Holden is the cost cutting and it's evident everywhere. That and they have some very overpaid and underworked engineers who received their skills from a weetbix packet.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I stand corrected :emb:

You were right the first time, I have boobs but no vagina unfortunately. Would never leave my room if i did.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Someone should make this a sticky in the "How To" and save all those people explaining the search function.