Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series II Bluetooth problem

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Hi all.
I have an iPhone 6S running the latest iOS and am having dramas with calls going through the bluetooth on the mylink system.
VE SS Series II Thunder ute.
The phone rings fine, and you answer on the screen or on the wheel and then there is nothing - you can't hear them, they can't hear you.
You have to go to the iPhone and click speaker, or iPhone for you to hear people talking (through the phone, not the mylink) or for them to hear you, then you can change the output back to the car and everything works fine through bluetooth.
I have only just started having this problem. I have tried it with another iPhone and had the exact same problem. I am wondering if this has something to do with when I upgraded to iOS 10..it seemed to start having the problem around the same time (i think.)

The only other thing that has changed is that I installed a reverse camera on the ute. When installing it, I had to remove a plug that the camera is now plugged into. I wouldn't think this would be reason for the problem, as I can make it work, going through the above steps once the phone call has been received.

I have only owned the ute for about 3months, it was working fine, like I said up until probably a month ago - around the time i updated to iOS 10 & installed the reverse camera.
Streaming bluetooth audio to the mylink works 100%. I am only have the phone call problems..

I have reset the iPhone, disconnected/reconnected to the mylink (multiple times) and I have also reset mylink system..
Anyone experiencing similar issues, or aware what it may be?
Cheers

Caprice383

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
i think there is a thread already about this, a lot of people having the same problem since the latest update. there is another update soon i think due to issues generally with ios 10.

kazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
My12 VE SS V REDLINE SERIES 2 UTE
I've just started having the same issue with my SS Redline Ute. as you explained above and it only seems to have started since I did the latest software update on my iphone 5C. Its become a pain in the asse as I'm always on the road. And to get it to work I have to push the phone button on my steering wheel and it comes up with updating contacts that seems to take forever. When it has finally updated contacts i can make calls out and have audio but if someone calls me I have no audio. Its driving me mad. I've tried everything to fix it with no luck!! :banstick: