Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series II Sound limiting?

bundabergsangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Ute
Hi all,

When I try to crank up the volume in my VE Series II Ute, it has some sort of volume limiter. I won't let me get above a certain level (says something is active...can't remember what it is off the top of my head), say when I get to 33 or so the volume doesn't go up any more.

I'm planning on doing up the sound system somehow...but I'm fairly new to it all and still figuring out what's the best way to go. But I'm wondering if there's a way of turning this limiter thing off?

adam_4049

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6
Off the top of my head that's the maximum volume it can go. If im wrong press the config button on the IQ system and then press the audio tab up the top and scroll down and you will have a bunch of audio settings, speed limiter and some other limitation settings, check it out.

GSHSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6 Series II
Turn the sound distortion setting off that should fix it

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
it will be saying ddl active ... which is the distortion limiter ... its a pain in the arse but then it is stopping your speakers from distorting ... the level can be adjusted or even turned off in the audio settings menu (the same one your speed dependant volume is in

bundabergsangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Ute
it will be saying ddl active ... which is the distortion limiter ... its a pain in the arse but then it is stopping your speakers from distorting ... the level can be adjusted or even turned off in the audio settings menu (the same one your speed dependant volume is in

Cheers for that. I've found it in my dad's series I but havent had a chance to have another look in my series II. But that sounds about right.