Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series II SV6 Sportwagon A/C fan intermittant

radbeck

Reaction score
Thanks heaps guys. I've checked the fuse and relay for the rear demist/defog. It all appears ok. I can push the button and hear the relay click under the bonnet now. Might have been an issue with the contacts as I can now do the re-set and hear the flaps move etc.

I don't think the re learn has helped though. I am getting the same results. The A/C works fine. It blows hot air when i select hot and cold when i select cold. As mentioned above by Skylarking the only issue I have is that the air does not come out of the front center vent sometimes. Usually the first time I start the car. Nearly 90% of the time I start the car it doesn't work. I then have to turn off ignition and restart just to get the center vent to work. Pretty frustrating.

I might have to get under the dash and see if I can actually see the actuators move. Are all the actuators the same part number? Could I swap a couple around and reset them. Hoping this would move the problem so I knew one of them was faulty.

cheers

sloany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
As mentioned above by Skylarking the only issue I have is that the air does not come out of the front center vent sometimes. Usually the first time I start the car. Nearly 90% of the time I start the car it doesn't work. I then have to turn off ignition and restart just to get the center vent to work. Pretty frustrating.
Did you ever find out the cause of this problem? I'm having the exact same issue with my 2012 VE sedan. If no air comes out the center, I just turn the ignition off and start the car again, until it does. It might take a few times, so just hope I don't wear out the starter motor.