Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series II - Wheels Magazine.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
pft completely photoshopped,
the DRL headlights are just a pic from the site that sells them and squashed to fit and its a terrible job you can see where it doesnt fit...

Agreed.

And they didn't even use the right ones! I doubt Holden would go for the chrome headlights on the SSV - they'll be black again like in the current SSV's.

Also, the rear badges are the old stlye SS and V ones. I doubt Holden would go back to that.

PhantomSV6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
to be fair to them they do advitise it as a photoshop mock up of what they think it will be

I agree but they don't even put that much effort into making it look like it could be real. The old badges for example; that's just plain stupid.

You'd think they'd try and do a really professional job with it considering that they are supossedly Australia's most prestigious car magazine (their words) and this is the next Commodore they are talking about.

Not a huge fan of the front bumper btw. I prefer the Coupe60 style one.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not a huge fan of the front bumper btw. I prefer the Coupe60 style one.

I agree - although I think the coupe60 bar would only look good on a car styled the same as the coupe60, as opposed to just chucked on the front of the SS. Would need to be a ground hugger and very wide - not exactly practical for day to day motoring. If the car was jacked up enough to be practical (remember - this is mass-production, not aftermarket) it would look silly. Having said that, the chopped up job that wheels has used is awful! Wheel's prediction for the VE was nasty also from memory.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
to be fair to them they do advitise it as a photoshop mock up of what they think it will be

The front cover reads: Scoop, New Commodore, We lift the lid on Holdens plans for VE 2

i dont know about you but to me that would suggest that they have some actual info or pics, not a bunch of suggestions and shopped pics that a 12 year old could have come up with

jerzey1234555

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.nitidus.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman and vk calais
The series 2 cars will be downgraded in some ways inside, there will be no suede used on the doors or front set backs and the map pockets in the backs of the seat in the lower spec cars will be just a stitched in peice of fabric on higher end cars it will just be plastic. Seems like a downgrade to me

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Does anyone know if the VE II / VF will have the rear diffuser shown in the pic?

cci1506201000004.jpg

I much prefer it to the current one. I was going to get one from Holden as a Pontiac G8 part but there is some modification required to install it.

I don't think Holden will go for those weird trapezoidal exhaust tips, so I'm thinking if the VE II / VF comes out with that diffuser, it will be a straight bolt-on job.

*EDIT* Whoa that pic is huge! Sorry, not sure what happened there...

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
does it really matter whether it that or the old 1? they both dont do anything exept reduce the aerodynamic package of the car. if holden were serious about increasing fuel efficiency of the commodore they would try and make the underside of the vehicle flat or atleast cover up the holes so that the air doesnt flow in and get trapped in places such as behind the "diffuser". this in my oppinion is where the development $$ should be spent. not on low friction fuel saving tyres!

i understand that your looking at the design of it but IMO it should be functional too!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah mate, I'm purely thinking of it just for looks.

...that and it would be easier to keep clean as opposed to the silly honeycomb that doesn't go anywhere.

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
darth-vader.jpg

Darth Vader finds your lack of pics disturbing.

Post some scans dude!

That is AWESOME definitely put a smile on my face :D OMG the SSV comes stock with GTS rims??