Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series II???

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
I know the VE has only just been released, but wondering if anyone has heard anything about a series 2 later on?? If so, I wonder what changes will be made if any? My parnter and I are going to wait until series 2 rocks around before we buy. We have driven the VE both in Standard Calais (V6) and a Calais V-Series (V8) form and loved it. We both prefer the V-Series V8 Calais, but as only purchased a VZ V8 Calais 9 months ago, want to get as much moneys worth out of the car before we trade up. So what are your thoughts? :dance:

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
VEII will need to have a few improvements as it'll be released at the same time as the Falcon.

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
We just bought a VYSS should have it paid off just in time for what ever comes after the VE2..

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VEII will need to have a few improvements as it'll be released at the same time as the Falcon.

Nah the VF will co-incide with the 2008 Falcon or Ford Orion. Not the VE II.

Lots planned with the VF, supercharged alloytec, direct injection (will also bring fuel economy to sub 10L per 100km + power increase), 6 speed auto available across the V6 range as well. Displacement on Demand for the V8's IF the engine is changed (the current L98 no longer contains the DOD hardware, unlike the L76 in the VZ which had it, but simply did not use it).

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Lots planned with the VF, supercharged alloytec, direct injection (will also bring fuel economy to sub 10L per 100km + power increase), 6 speed auto available across the V6 range as well. Displacement on Demand for the V8's IF the engine is changed (the current L98 no longer contains the DOD hardware, unlike the L76 in the VZ which had it, but simply did not use it).

Of course NONE of this is confirmed. It's just a huge wish list at the moment.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Of course NONE of this is confirmed. It's just a huge wish list at the moment.

Its not confirmed for the VF no, but it IS confirmed for this platform of Commodore.

Dennis Mooney has confirmed they are currently designing the direct injection system, they are just working on sound proofing and a few other issues and it is expected to be ready by 2008.

Same goes for the supercharged alloytec. Mooney has once again confirmed that GM is currently organising development of the supercharged alloytec variant, and if GM doesnt do the development, Holden will do it itself.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
They need to compete with the XR6T, those things go and you can gain heaps of power with less expensive mods. Holden should supercharge (i would prefer turbo) the SV6.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i reckon supercharge gotta be different than the falcons!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
They need to compete with the XR6T, those things go and you can gain heaps of power with less expensive mods. Holden should supercharge (i would prefer turbo) the SV6.

i reckon supercharge gotta be different than the falcons!

Turbo was ruled out due to problems with room in the engine bay and a few other issues. A turbo just is not viable for the Alloytec engine in the VE.

Plus I doubt Holden will build a V6 thats almost as powerful as their V8. Around 240kw is what can be expected I think.